• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's to be CAL operating certificate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is UAL authorized to do RNAV/RNP approaches? The point was we have to use the CAL certificate to maintain authorization for RNAV/RNP approaches.

What exactly are they referring to when they say they want to use the CAL certificate "because of its enhanced technology authorizations..." Honest question; I am not trying to start a CAL is better than UAL battle. Does anyone know? I thought it had to do with RNAV/RNP, but obviously I was wrong.

There is something called "ATOS" that the FAA wants all airlines to move towards. It's a cert. thing. I'd imagine CAL is further along with it.

Someone recently told me the airlines were deregulated in 1977. Are you sure you know what you are talking about?:mad:

While I suspect UAL is doing RNAV RNP on the 777 and 767 fleets, are they doing RNAV RNP on the Airbus? What about the 757's? I had heard that they were older models that may have lacked the capability. The rumor was that at UAL the airbus lacks GPS. I hope THAT is incorrect.

FUPM.

It's may make a difference in what cockpit procedures that will generally be carried over to the new merged carrier. While checklists, callouts, flight manual, non-normals, are all FAA approved for both airlines, the procedures may lean towards surviving certificate holder.

Can anyone at Delta lend some insight? On aircraft common to Northwest and Delta, were Delta procedures generally used?

From what I have been told and seen, most everything went the way of the original Delta. Popular opinion of things that took parts from both places, they managed to take the worst of both instead of the best of both, and everyone quotes "because it's the Delta way" Also the only common airplane was the 757-200s.

The rumor was that at UAL the airbus lacks GPS. I hope THAT is incorrect.

FUPM.

Mixed fleet. Next time you jump seat on a UAL bus check the chrono clock. If it's a digital unit the aircraft is GPS equipped. Regular old chrono - no GPS.

Latest resources

Back