It's official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Alchemy,

I'm not cheering on Bedford, but this one (unfortunately) has Independence Air written all over it. We have plenty of problems to go around over here, believe me, but "convincing CO to diversify their feed" is a gem!! You should drop the "I'm angry at RAH" routine - it gets sooooooooooo tiresome!

Bedford must have been pretty convincing if he won that one over SkyWest!

Let's look at how letting these planes go to RAH would've worked out:

What you would have lost = growth with CO
What you gained = losses on aircraft lease payments (inflated) to CO / Bigger egos (inflated) for your mngt team / Now competing with every 135/frac operator out there (I know who'll win that one).
What you would have gained by letting the aircraft go = no losses on over-priced lease payments, opportunity to setup for larger aircraft and go independent properly, at a later date.
What the industry has gained = RAH now has another type and will not stop at CO. They will go after every RFP out there that requires the CRJ.

I hope this works out for XJT folks, as it may signal to the majors that the whipsaw days are coming to a close - there are better options out there!

Good Luck XJT!!

Doesnt have FLYI written on it? Totally different plan of action. Also the charter ops are already booked up for months in advace. No pop up trips-they are scheduled runs. Pilots are bidding lines with actual trips. Right now its not competeing with every 135 operator. Honestly we dont know how it will pan out, hopefully it leads into bigger and better things. We will see. But its nothing like FLYI did. Thats not that hard to see. The only thing in common there is they tried it without being another carriers bitch. Your right if it works then hopefully it will stop the whipsawing or at least get our company out of the whorefest

It seems a lot of RAH folks are pretty upset at us using the 69 planes. I get the feeling they don't want us to succeed, don't be mad at us for keeping our airplanes just wish us luck.

Hey Alchemy,

I'm not cheering on Bedford, but this one (unfortunately) has Independence Air written all over it. We have plenty of problems to go around over here, believe me, but "convincing CO to diversify their feed" is a gem!! You should drop the "I'm angry at RAH" routine - it gets sooooooooooo tiresome!

Bedford must have been pretty convincing if he won that one over SkyWest!

Let's look at how letting these planes go to RAH would've worked out:

What you would have lost = growth with CO
What you gained = losses on aircraft lease payments (inflated) to CO / Bigger egos (inflated) for your mngt team / Now competing with every 135/frac operator out there (I know who'll win that one).
What you would have gained by letting the aircraft go = no losses on over-priced lease payments, opportunity to setup for larger aircraft and go independent properly, at a later date.
What the industry has gained = RAH now has another type and will not stop at CO. They will go after every RFP out there that requires the CRJ.

I hope this works out for XJT folks, as it may signal to the majors that the whipsaw days are coming to a close - there are better options out there!

Good Luck XJT!!

First off, CAL already had first hand experience with Skywest, and they terminated that agreement. They must not have liked what they saw, or maybe they were just too expensive, who knows. As far as determing wether or not keeping these planes was the right decision: only time will tell....but if it hurts RAH in the short term by making them bring a bunch of crapped out, weight restricted canadairs back from the desert, then that could only be good.

I'm sure reverend Bedford was holding weekly prayer sessions, asking for divine intervention so he could get his grubby hands on the 69, but I guess he molested one too many kids at church camp this year......oh well......

The only real important question here is are they gonna take CASS jumpseaters on these new routes? :erm:

Did the fact that 15 of the 19 mentioned cities being SWA destinations jump out at anyone else ? Not that it's the be-all, end-all to have to compete with Southwest. It just seems that RJ point-to-point is tough.

It seems a lot of RAH folks are pretty upset at us using the 69 planes. I get the feeling they don't want us to succeed, don't be mad at us for keeping our airplanes just wish us luck.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA .......... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You might be surprised to learn that alot of people over here could care less, infact I wouldn't be surprised to learn that alot of the guys going to the CRJ have prior experience on it.
We wish you guys well, as a success by you lot could bring the whipsaw game to a close! There has been zero talk on any flightdeck, that I've been on, about XJT and their flying. Nobody is that excited about being based in CRP, I guess - who would've thought?????

First off, CAL already had first hand experience with Skywest, and they terminated that agreement. They must not have liked what they saw, or maybe they were just too expensive, who knows. As far as determing wether or not keeping these planes was the right decision: only time will tell....but if it hurts RAH in the short term by making them bring a bunch of crapped out, weight restricted canadairs back from the desert, then that could only be good.

I'm sure reverend Bedford was holding weekly prayer sessions, asking for divine intervention so he could get his grubby hands on the 69, but I guess he molested one too many kids at church camp this year......oh well......

That's hillarious.. good work Alchemey

Insanity: Trying the same experiment twice and expecting different results.

I want to be first to bid on the cool ExpressJet maintenance pickup trucks with the paint scheme at the bankruptcy auction.

Just kidding....sorry I couldn't resist.

Insanity: Trying the same experiment twice and expecting different results.

I want to be first to bid on the cool ExpressJet maintenance pickup trucks with the paint scheme at the bankruptcy auction.

Just kidding....sorry I couldn't resist.

Very original! You do realize of course that we have 205 aircraft flying a very profitable contract with CAL? Now I'm new to all this but if I remember correctly Indy had 0 aircraft flying Fee for Departure when they went live on their own.

Latest resources

Back