• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The web site needs a lot of work. For starters, all I see under the city pop-ups are three unlabeled select-a-number pop-up menus. I have no idea what they indicate. If it'll only work in MSIE, you're losing out on a lot of potential ticket sales.

Here's what it looks like to me using Firefox: Screenshot

This will be our own branded flying, but we are not going independent, it’s called being diversified. We will still be flying charter and for CO.

That's great! You should call your branded flying "Independence Air." Those RJs with no code share are money makers!

I'll bet you have to create a separate list for guys doing this flying - CO isn't in the business of giving away free bennies to offline pilots, especially if they are doing charter work. Watch out CO is watching.

On a separate note, I've got a few friends over there and hope this works out for you guys.

You gotta be kidding me. Did reverend Bedford get you real excited about the up-coming benefits you guys can get on CO? CO probably makes money off the crappy bennies they give express. 100 bucks round trip for buddy passes? 20 bucks each way for a personal pass? Double or triple those numbers for international. They can go ahead and take them if they really want I guess.

That's great! You should call your branded flying "Independence Air." Those RJs with no code share are money makers!

derrrrr. You can thank RAH and the other bottom feeders for convincing CAL to diversify their feed. They even tried pawning these planes off internationally and couldn't get rid of them. What choice is there other than parking them or deliver them straight into the hands of you competitor? Flying them at a loss sounds better than either one of those options, as long as you still have revenue coming from other areas.

How many 737 operators have failed in the past? OH VANGUARD TANKED! VANGUARD TANKED! HOOTERS AIR FAILED, HOOTERS AIR FAILED! A 737 operator can never succed, haha, I'm brilliant! Where's my PHD in airline managment?

I'll bet you have to create a separate list for guys doing this flying - CO isn't in the business of giving away free bennies to offline pilots, especially if they are doing charter work. Watch out CO is watching.

On a separate note, I've got a few friends over there and hope this works out for you guys.

They have already said no different list for this. Its all 1 list and for the Charter pilots they hold a standing bid on the airline 121 side so they still have flight bennies. not that they are worth much anymore.

The web site needs a lot of work. For starters, all I see under the city pop-ups are three unlabeled select-a-number pop-up menus. I have no idea what they indicate. If it'll only work in MSIE, you're losing out on a lot of potential ticket sales.

Here's what it looks like to me using Firefox: Screenshot

Yeah the site is still in the development stage. they should get the kinks worked out by the time its in full steam.

Yeah the site is still in the development stage. they should get the kinks worked out by the time its in full steam.

Ah, gotcha. The thread title of "It's official," along with the open-to-the-public website, makes it sound like it's actually ready for launch. We'll be watchin'!

Ah, gotcha. The thread title of "It's official," along with the open-to-the-public website, makes it sound like it's actually ready for launch. We'll be watchin'!

Yeah its not OFFICIAL yet, but its coming. The should start some press releases soon.

Hey Alchemy,

I'm not cheering on Bedford, but this one (unfortunately) has Independence Air written all over it. We have plenty of problems to go around over here, believe me, but "convincing CO to diversify their feed" is a gem!! You should drop the "I'm angry at RAH" routine - it gets sooooooooooo tiresome!

Bedford must have been pretty convincing if he won that one over SkyWest!

Let's look at how letting these planes go to RAH would've worked out:

What you would have lost = growth with CO
What you gained = losses on aircraft lease payments (inflated) to CO / Bigger egos (inflated) for your mngt team / Now competing with every 135/frac operator out there (I know who'll win that one).
What you would have gained by letting the aircraft go = no losses on over-priced lease payments, opportunity to setup for larger aircraft and go independent properly, at a later date.
What the industry has gained = RAH now has another type and will not stop at CO. They will go after every RFP out there that requires the CRJ.

I hope this works out for XJT folks, as it may signal to the majors that the whipsaw days are coming to a close - there are better options out there!

Good Luck XJT!!

Latest resources

Back