It's Official: USAirways Wants American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The term sheet is posted, go have a look:

http://www.restructuringamr.com/documents/APA Term Sheet Source Document_v10_FINAL_CLEAN.pdf

Certainly concessionary compared to the current APA contract, and pretty bad even compared to the current LCC craptastic contract. A few things stick out at me, 4:1 trip rig, no duty rig, PBS, no monthly guarantee for lineholders, no guarantee protection for reserves who call fatigued, Sick leave is a sad joke (really sad... call in sick more than twice a year, get paid at 60% and report to an "accredited absence management vendor"), scope gutted letting loose the flood of 88 seat RJ's, truly unlimited codeshare.

Does seem a bit like the devil is asking for your soul in exchange for that pot of gold.

The Term sheet you linked to is the Term sheet of the proposed contract between American and APA. The one American is trying to force in court. Not the US Airways and APA agreement.

Oh, whoops.

Also, phew.

abefly, you are my hero! Standing up to people who are old enough to be your grandpa. I wish you the best. The good part is most will be gone in five years.

The "gold standard" is nothing more than working hard to make your company successful enough to save about 3,800 brothers from wearing blue greeters' vests and then expecting those you saved to abide by a simple and fair agreement, and not try to take a giant $#!* on you.

It's like inviting my uncle, who's been down on his luck lately, to come stay with me a while. You know, the one who lost his job (company went bankrupt due to inept management), lost his house, wife left, and staying with his girlfriend and her husband isn't an option.

Except when he gets there, he expects the master bedroom, my La-Z-Boy, the big screen TV, 70% of the space in the fridge, unlimited use of the kegerator, the Caddie, the Harley, my old lady on Friday and Saturday, and ALL of the garage.

ALL the garage... Ya gotta draw a line.

lulz.

Listen cry baby you just crossed a line with me mister! USAPA was formed to represent pilots

All the pilots, or just those on their "team"? If USAPA wanted to be relevant they would have formed, implemented the SLI, then voted in DOH into the constitution.

It matters what order you choose to do things in.

What roll will US Airways involvement in the Star Alliance and it's close ties to United Airlines over the past decade have in determining the future course of business for a combined AAL/USA?
Makes me wonder what could potentially happen in ORD and LAX...
Anyone want to chime in?

Listen cry baby you just crossed a line with me mister! USAPA was formed to represent pilots and to not deal with the ALPO bs from you DAL types. USAPA was formed to recognize and value the only thing we as pilots can hang our hats on: DATE Of HiRe!!
The rookies out west are the problem and always have been for this reason. Let mevput it to you this way, if DAL merges with ASA are they your equal? Didnt think so.
But for you to imply USAPA pilots are unethical is OUTRAGEOUS!

No word of a suspension, nothing else. Needless to say OYS isn't very happy. ASADFW7 is a loose cannon and needs to get off the throne.

Comparing ASA/DAL to AWA/US, hahahahha, thanks for the laugh you dumb, arrogant fool. AWA aquired your sorry @$$, get over it. Say, CACTUS," biaaatch!

Latest resources

Back