• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's official: Midwest will now be named Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A real MBA would remember that you manage things. You lead people.

Depends on the personality of the person or group of people your dealing with. Other than that you are exactly right. Thats from my personal experience.

I can only lead the people and team that I'm affiliated with. I can manage yours. I'm sure you know that.

Last edited:
I'm sure the F9 dudes are happy. Looks like the animals are staying on the tail after all, whew.

Just like the Midwest Airlines management fought hard to keep the fresh baked cookies (and not sell to AirTran). How did that work out? Oh, wait I already know.

Good Luck!

SWA/FO,

Can you just Cool-it a bit, please?

I for one was pro-SWA. However, it didnt happen and I have to live with RAH. It is water under the bridge and now with Ian Arthur and the FRONTIER name announcement, the future for the FRONTIER FAMILY seems just a bit brighter and stronger.

You guys over at SWA have a great culture, however I "note" a bit of 90's "UAL GOD complex" in some of your pilots, you including..

Enjoy your position at the "near" top. Dont degrade pilots less fortunate than you either. Your sarcasm will be noted and "made" fun of if and when the "SWA" ship does start sinking.<--------I HOPE NEVER, but this is the Airline industry. Go talk to some of the "poor, unfortunate UAL pilots.."

We are all in the same BOAT, of course, after SLI!!

CYA

Last edited:
Part of the memo I received...

Based on that feedback, we concluded that the new single brand for our growing airline will be Frontier. And we are committing a promise to our valued customers and to ourselves that together as Frontier we will deliver a truly different and better flying experience by providing the best care in the air.

Be assured that the decision on the brand name was difficult, but one that was based on comprehensive independent research. The research showed that while customers expressed strong loyalty to both brands, Frontier – with a much larger customer base – was better poised to meet our customers’ needs for affordable fares and convenience.

Both airlines already share a passionate commitment to customer service and the delivery of an exceptional travel experience. Because of that common commitment, we now have the opportunity to combine these two cultures into one that is even better.

The point was: Midwest was concerned about "cookies" and made a deal with the devil (NWA) fighting off Airtran's 16.50 a share offer.

Frontier was concerned about the "animals" on the tail and fought off Southwest. We all know how the first one (Midwest) story ended, I was wishing F9 dudes good luck.

Should have waited a week or two for the "big announcement" How much did RJet pay for Frontier again? Because another 380K is making the deal kinda stinky.

The Federal Aviation Administration said Friday it plans to assess a $380,000 civil penalty against Frontier Airlines of Denver, alleging a violation concerning exit signs on some jets.
In a statement, the FAA said that “in 2008 and 2009, Frontier reconfigured the passenger cabins on some of its Airbus A-318s and -319s to permit dual-aisle access to the overwing emergency exits. However, the airline did not replace the existing placards with placards showing the new configuration, as required. The placards are in place to tell passengers how to operate the overwing exits. Frontier then operated these aircraft with the wrong placards in place.”
The problem involved about 900 flights, the FAA said.
Frontier — a subsidiary of Republic Airways Holdings Inc. of Indianapolis — has 30 days to respond to the proposed fine.
Republic spokesman Carlo Bertolini told the Associated Press that the company does not believe the issue affected passenger safety, adding that the airline will use the incident to improve its compliance programs.

Read more: FAA proposes to fine Frontier Airlines over exit signs - Denver Business Journal:

Last edited:
The point was: Midwest was concerned about "cookies" and made a deal with the devil (NWA) fighting off Airtran's 16.50 a share offer.

Frontier was concerned about the "animals" on the tail and fought off Southwest. We all know how the first one (Midwest) story ended, I was wishing F9 dudes good luck.

Ok, Thanks. Your post "sounded" a little sarcastic.

CYA

Should have waited a week or two for the "big announcement" How much did RJet pay for Frontier again? Because another 380K is making the deal kinda stinky.

The Federal Aviation Administration said Friday it plans to assess a $380,000 civil penalty against Frontier Airlines of Denver, alleging a violation concerning exit signs on some jets.
In a statement, the FAA said that “in 2008 and 2009, Frontier reconfigured the passenger cabins on some of its Airbus A-318s and -319s to permit dual-aisle access to the overwing emergency exits. However, the airline did not replace the existing placards with placards showing the new configuration, as required. The placards are in place to tell passengers how to operate the overwing exits. Frontier then operated these aircraft with the wrong placards in place.”
The problem involved about 900 flights, the FAA said.
Frontier — a subsidiary of Republic Airways Holdings Inc. of Indianapolis — has 30 days to respond to the proposed fine.
Republic spokesman Carlo Bertolini told the Associated Press that the company does not believe the issue affected passenger safety, adding that the airline will use the incident to improve its compliance programs.

Read more: FAA proposes to fine Frontier Airlines over exit signs - Denver Business Journal:

No problem. We'll just send the FAA some Pizzas and a big screen TV for the office and we'll only have to pay 10% of that.

I'm sure the F9 dudes are happy. Looks like the animals are staying on the tail after all, whew.

Just like the Midwest Airlines management fought hard to keep the fresh baked cookies (and not sell to AirTran). How did that work out? Oh, wait I already know.

Good Luck!

You tried to screw the Frontier pilots out of their seats and domicles and
seniority. They said "NO". GET OVER IT!

SWA/FO,

Can you just Cool-it a bit, please?

I for one was pro-SWA. However, it didnt happen and I have to live with RAH. It is water under the bridge and now with Ian Arthur and the FRONTIER name announcement, the future for the FRONTIER FAMILY seems just a bit brighter and stronger.

You guys over at SWA have a great culture, however I "note" a bit of 90's "UAL GOD complex" in some of your pilots, you including..

Enjoy your position at the "near" top. Dont degrade pilots less fortunate than you either. Your sarcasm will be noted and "made" fun of if and when the "SWA" ship does start sinking.<--------I HOPE NEVER, but this is the Airline industry. Go talk to some of the "poor, unfortunate UAL pilots.."

We are all in the same BOAT, of course, after SLI!!

CYA

Classy post...some need to read it twice.

Latest resources

Back