It's official: Midwest will now be named Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DH106

Bryan Bedford was just simply embarrassing to watch on the press conference.

He was completely monotone; almost comatose. He kept looking at the floor.

At the part where he announced that the new combined airline name would be Frontier, it was completely lackluster. The press/audience was clearly confused as to whether he had just made the big announcement or not. There was an uncomfortable pause as people started making some degree of applause.

It was embarrassing, too, when he experienced PowerPoint problems, explaining that he wasn't controlling the presentation. He spent about a minute having someone paging through sides, during an awkward silence.

The PowerPoint presentation, itself, was amateurish. It was hardly a professional presentation.

He kept using the word "product" in a way that had a certain lack of warmth and appeal for someone claiming that they're all about customer-service. There wasn't anything substantive regarding how they're going to provide great customer service.

I think he cracked one smile throughout.

Last edited:
Bryan Bedford was just simply embarassing to watch on the press conference.

At the part where he announced that the new combined airline name would be Frontier, it was completely lackluster. The press/audience was clearly confused as to whether he had just made the big announcement or not. There was an uncomfortable pause as people started making some degree of applause.

It was embarrasing, too, when he experienced PowerPoint problems, explaining that he wasn't controlling the presentation. He spent about a minute having someone paging through sides, during an awkward silence.

The PowerPoint presentation, itself, was amateurish. It was hardly a professional presentation.

He kept using the word "product" in a way that had a certain lack of warmth and appeal for someone claiming that they're all about customer-service. There wasn't anything substantive regarding how they're going to provide great customer service.

Were you live or did you see it on TV? Where did you see the press conference? It amazes me that people with such terrible social skills somehow make it to positions of power.

Bryan Bedford was just simply embarassing to watch on the press conference.

It was embarrasing, too, when he experienced PowerPoint problems, explaining that he wasn't controlling the presentation. He spent about a minute having someone paging through sides, during an awkward silence.

Wait, he happen to be a very successful President/CEO/Chairman. Why don't to submit a resume stating your experience with MS Office and maybe he'll hire you to run the powerpoint pres. What is it that you do?

Last edited:
Well, RobCat, despite the fact that FlightInfo is all about bashing each other, I'll reply. What do I do? I fly for a living. I also run a successful software company, and we build professional-grade presentations for Fortune 500 companies. I do know what I'm talking about in that regard. You want to bash me for revealing my observations of Bedford's performance? At least my spelling and grammar are correct. I'm sorry you felt threatened.

Wait, he happen to be a very successful President/CEO/Chairman. Why don't to submit a resume stating your experience with MS Office and maybe he'll hire you to run the powerpoint pres. What is it that you do?

Yeah any dumba$$ can be successful if your company has contracts based upon cost plus (read guaranteed profit). Its real easy when your "playing" airline.

I'm sure the F9 dudes are happy. Looks like the animals are staying on the tail after all, whew.

Just like the Midwest Airlines management fought hard to keep the fresh baked cookies (and not sell to AirTran). How did that work out? Oh, wait I already know.

Good Luck!

Well, RobCat, despite the fact that FlightInfo is all about bashing each other, I'll reply. What do I do? I fly for a living. I also run a successful software company, and we build professional-grade presentations for Fortune 500 companies. I do know what I'm talking about in that regard. You want to bash me for revealing my observations of Bedford's performance? At least my spelling and grammar are correct. I'm sorry you felt threatened.

Amazing the time you find to post on F.I. Clearly your time isn't as valuable as you think. My upper level management course that means not so much since I am living my dream as an airline pilot. Amazing spelling didn't matter so much. (My spelling and grammar did tank once college was done.) What it does help me do is manage/market people like you and companies like yours. I am also a business owner, Marketing/Graphic Design. Spelling is not my thing what I can do is sell ice to Eskimos. What city do you live in, perhaps you have seen some of our work.

Last edited:
Yeah any dumba$$ can be successful if your company has contracts based upon cost plus (read guaranteed profit). Its real easy when your "playing" airline.

Lear how is everything going? How's the fam?

The genious is being able to get those contracts. That is a focus for almost everyone "gurantee money". Isn't that why you have a guarantee in your contract.

Last edited:
Amazing the time you find to post on F.I. Clearly your time isn't as valuable as you think. Oh yes I also have a MBA that means not so much since I am living my dream as an airline pilot. What it does help me do is manage/market people like you and companies like yours. I am also a business owner, Marketing/Graphic Design. Spelling is not my thing what I can do is sell ice to Eskimos. What city do you like in maybe you have seen some of our work.

Based on your writing, I'd stick with flying...and perhaps selling ice to Eskimos if you have found a profitable market for that in your area.

Amazing the time you find to post on F.I. Clearly your time isn't as valuable as you think. Oh yes I also have a MBA that means not so much since I am living my dream as an airline pilot. What it does help me do is manage/market people like you and companies like yours. I am also a business owner, Marketing/Graphic Design. Spelling is not my thing what I can do is sell ice to Eskimos. What city do you live in, perhaps you have seen some of our work.

A real MBA would remember that you manage things. You lead people.

Latest resources

Back