Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Its Official!!!DHL moving back to CVG....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So using your logic, whoever would have posted that news first is a sick f@$k. For your information I was posting bad news about the company I work for. Why would I revel in something that is going to adversely affect my life? The only person here making an A$$ of themself is you. Take an anger management class dude!

Yea, my mistake you are a peach!

Moderators is right. Too many 14 year olds in this thread....and the one that was started in the dispatcher section as well...by abxdx...who apparently couldn't stand to keep this mud slinging in one place.

You really had to start a thread in another forum with no other purpose than to attack a poster here? Could you try to be any more unprofessional, or does that simply come naturally?

Hey guys. There's nothing to worry about. 1224 is going to Capital Hill to fix this thing. They'll have it all straightened out in no time. (completely dripping with sarcasm) They just can't understand why ABX management didn't come to them to make DHL stay in Wilmington. (more sarcasm)

I wonder how much money has 1224 has spent on lobbyists in the last year. How would that money look distributed among the furloughed pilots?

Last edited:
Hey guys. There's nothing to worry about. 1224 is going to Capital Hill to fix this thing. They'll have it all straightened out in no time. (completely dripping with sarcasm) They just can't understand why ABX management didn't come to them to make DHL stay in Wilmington. (more sarcasm)

I wonder how much money has 1224 has spent on lobbyists in the last year. How would that money look distributed among the furloughed pilots?
I have to admit, that was my thoughts as well. We have lobbied up plenty of moral support and one stern letter. None of it has been effective as far as I can see. I do appreciate the hard work and effort though.

Which fleets or planes will be used at the new CVG base? Which fleets were parked?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Which fleets or planes will be used at the new CVG base? Which fleets were parked?

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think "fleets" is a bit optimistic, nor is CVG really a "new" base. DHL mothballed their existing facility at CVG when they decided to move to ILN after purchasing Airborne. Now they have decided to move back to CVG.

Astar has a handful of A300's & DC-8s still in service, and is currently flying a total of 10 aircraft for DHL.

ABX has 767-200's, some in the SF configuration, some not, and is currently flying 13 for DHL.

There is a smogasboard of other aircraft to include 2 Atlas/Polar 747-400s, 2 or 3 CCI 727s and number of smaller types. There is also service from Europe by a Lufthansa MD11 5 days a week I think.

Astar has a handful of A300's & DC-8s still in service, and is currently flying a total of 10 aircraft for DHL.

ABX has 767-200's, some in the SF configuration, some not, and is currently flying 13 for DHL.
How many were in service at peak, and what are the load factors on those that are still operating?

It's too bad Astar/ABX (or ABX/Astar) couldn't have locked-in to some of that international flying. It would have kept the company(s) on the property and maybe saved a couple-hundred jobs.

How many were in service at peak, and what are the load factors on those that are still operating?

It's too bad Astar/ABX (or ABX/Astar) couldn't have locked-in to some of that international flying. It would have kept the company(s) on the property and maybe saved a couple-hundred jobs.

That is if DHL even wanted Astar/ABX to move any of this freight. What is really too bad is that DHL is so piss poor at running a business they ruined ABX in the process.

At peak I believe Astar had some 44 aircraft. ABX had 74 DC-9's and 30 767's along with a handful of DC-8's.

DHL apparently didn't want ABX to do any of the international flying other than a flight or two to Canada. Astar handles some runs to Mexico.

Latest resources

Back