• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official - CEL pilots get Airbus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got the "take it or leave it" certified letter a few weeks ago. I called Charmane yesterday and told her no thanks. She said that out of 150 take it or leave it letters, she had 25 returning. I was sept 99 doh.

The Combined Eligibility List contains the names of pilots of the USAirways Group Wholly owned express commuters. This excludes the J4J pilots. This list was put together to allow for flow up to mainline during the J4J process.
Some pilots from Allegheney/Piedmont moved up to MidAtlantic on this list. These pilots were then placed on the USAirways seniority list when MDA was placed on the USAirways certificate.
When these CEL pilots were furloughed from MDA they were placed on the Affected Pilots List. The APL contains the names of all furloughed USAirways pilots.
The LOA creating the J4J protocol stated that any pilots moving up to MDA from the CEL were to return to their carriers if furloughed. However that never happened as stated above.
So these pilots have been labeled CEL Pilots to provide distinction from the furloughed pilots and current wholly owned express pilots.

Hope this clears things up a bit GL.f
RF

Good explanation, but needs a few clarifications:

"This excludes the J4J pilots."

Initially, true. But, because MDA was US Airways, those CEL, when furloughed, became APL and therefore, J4J pilots.

"The LOA creating the J4J protocol stated that any pilots moving up to MDA from the CEL were to return to their carriers if furloughed."

Actually, the languages states "may return." There was no obligation, in fact, no "return" was originally negotiated.

T8

Why don't you hold off on that opinion until you actually get some time in something other than a turboprop or barbie jet sparky...

Uh oh, looks like I hurt the feelings of the french plastic jet drivers!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back