• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Its Fractional King Air Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...might be able to charter 30 hours a year for 125k ;)

Dichter has some rock star power behind him. I'd take a chance on it.

$3,950 an hour for a turboprop is the lower end of the price spectrum? Sounds pretty high to me.

Good point. Not the cheapest out there. Perhaps not so bad if you spread it across 8 seats. There will be cheaper and faster alternatives - but how he positions the brand and the extra services might make a difference... He will spend a lot of money building the brand - the same way JetSuite is attempting to do. Should be interesting to watch.

Been done before. Can't remember what Raytheon called their fractional.
Citation shares started with three brand new king airs out of HPN. Wayfare Starshares I think was the name.

Sure was nice of them to broadcast the Global for NetJets during Kenny's debut.

Sure was nice of them to broadcast the Global for NetJets during Kenny's debut.

Yep-I thought-that's a big "King" as he put it. A few other strange comments:
-It's a turbojet engine.
-it's the safest plane in the world. The military uses it.
He kept talking about cost per seat with 8 people on board. Andrew Sorkin jumped in and said "If you fill all the seats."
-it has Internet, but good luck using it for long when much of the time on these shorter, regional trips will be below 10K.
-Who will fly these "Kings?" With what they are charging, what can they realistically pay their pilots? Sounds like they'll all have to live in the NE. Will it be single pilot?
-What's the average pax load? It surely isn't anywhere near 8.

Yup this will work because what could go wrong with a startup turbo prop fractional that charges almost as much as chartering a nice shiny jet...

Remember all Kenny did with marquis is resell a commodity that already had a great reputation. And at a time when the rich spent frivolously...

I have thought about this equation for years. King Air 350's used in fractional ownership.

Start up with 105 orders and wants to be attached to a jet provider

I have thought for years about how well the King Air would work in certain areas of the country.

Oh well. Now we will see If I was right or wrong because its "King Air Fractional" time.

What do you think?

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...s-card-founder-back-king-air-350i-flight-club

You've been waiting for this, eh raj? :laugh:

Yup this will work because what could go wrong with a startup turbo prop fractional that charges almost as much as chartering a nice shiny jet...

Remember all Kenny did with marquis is resell a commodity that already had a great reputation. And at a time when the rich spent frivolously...

I have always thought you get there no faster in a jet than in a King Air for short stage lengths ....

I asked this about the P180 and I was corrected on their landing performance by a few people here; but, what would you rather be in when going to a field with contaminated or wet runways -- a jet with no t/r s or a King Air?

Latest resources

Back