• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's 12:01, where is UAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody else look at the app when it was e-mail to you (if you requested it) and notice that some of the questions that were answered show up as "Not Specified." Especially in the employment and education section

Once UAL's computer relaizes that your on page 4 and also realizes that your a male with over 1,000 TT, it automatically disqualifies you from continuing in the process as you fall in the "overqualified" category.

Once UAL's computer relaizes that your on page 4 and also realizes that your a male with over 1,000 TT, it automatically disqualifies you from continuing in the process as you fall in the "overqualified" category.

Great - keep the myth alive! Walk into their ORD ops today and you will see 95% white males, most have an ex-military look to them. I realize it makes a lot of people feel better about themselves to believe somebody else is unqualified or inferior, so keep it coming.

All I get is a message stating: "Access to the Career section has failed."

This message is normal. It is just letting you know that flying for Yonited is not longer a "career", it is a job.

As a supporter of UAL's top tier management, I would personally like to thank the pilots for their "yes" votes during the BK process. It is always much easier when an employee group bends over, rather than fight for anything that was in their contract.

WOW...some desperate folks out there. Do you have a better chance getting the job if you are the first one to fill out the app?

WOW...some desperate folks out there. Do you have a better chance getting the job if you are the first one to fill out the app?

That is exactly what I was thinking. I will probably fill it out in a week or so if I feel like it. I am not sure I would take the job even if offered it. Their pilots seem pretty miserable.

Why?????????????

Why would you want to subject yourself and your family to a life of uncertainty, instability, low wages, crappy work rules, missing your kids plays and ball games, not making your cousins wedding, the empty plate at Thanksgiving table where you said you would make it in time, but now you missed your commute flight home and have to buy a hotel ,missing Christmas with your family, spending New Years, in a crappy hotels while your wife is at her works party with the new cute guy from upstairs, then when you get laid off, you wife is going to want you to step up and make some money doing what ever you can.

Whoa I got off on a rant sorry,
Good luck with your shiny jet syndrome hope it all work out in the end for ya

Last edited:
Why would you want to subject yourself and your family to a life of uncertainty, instability, low wages, crappy work rules, missing your kids plays and ball games, not making your cousins wedding, the empty plate at Thanksgiving table where you said you would make it in time, but now you missed your commute flight home and have to buy a hotel ,missing Christmas with your family, spending New Years, in a crappy hotels while your wife is at her works party with the new cute guy from upstairs, then when you get laid off, you wife is going to want you to step up and make some money doing what ever you can.

Because that's what I got at year 9 of my current job. And I work for "the best regional out there." With United, I get the hope of better pay and QOL in the long term for (admittedly big) sacrifices today.

[/quote=vtwo;1372633]Good luck with your shiny jet syndrome hope it all work out in the end for ya[/quote]

Please, United has about the Un-shiniest and un-newest jets in the industry. Even Delta finally got around to washing their MD-80's a few years ago.

Seriously though, I feel where you're coming from with this rant. I'm not sure I'd even take the job if offered. But we're all able to make our own choices, right? Who knows, maybe you'll move up a few seniority #'s.

Latest resources

Back