It was only a matter of time: the media spin on Pinnacle 4712

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.record-eagle.com/2007/apr/14jet.htm

Leave it to the media to blow things out of proportion.

Media's aviation reporting = always sucks!

It's not so much that the F/O was on IOE, but it's the actual spin on how they DESCRIBE the F/O as a pilot.

If you don't run off the runway there isn't much to spin.

Here's a novel idea. Stop having accidents and the media will stop talking smack!

If the braking action was so bad why did they attempt to land? If they weren't sure what the braking was, why did they land? If they were close to limits on performance, why did they land? A good pilot knows when not to land more than when to land. How's that for a spin on things? :puke:

Last edited:
A good pilot knows when not to land more than when to land. How's that for a spin on things? :puke:

One of the best quotes so far this year...however when places like UND and ER tell you that you are the next TOP GUN....

I guess the weather dosn't has as much repect for you as your cool leather jacket, revos, and fresh bottle of hair gel, damn that weather

Don't you think there is a direct correlation between a low time pilot, low pay and increased risk?

I mean the CRJ is not a kids toy. If Pinnacle raised its pay to acceptable rates then they could attract and retain better qualified pilots. Then this might not happen. Far better for someone to have an an incident in a 152 then a CRJ. Accidents can happen with higher time pilots but that's not my point. If pay was resonable then airlines could attract better pilots, but because the pay is so low you get what you pay for.

One of the best quotes so far this year...however when places like UND and ER tell you that you are the next TOP GUN....

I guess the weather dosn't has as much repect for you as your cool leather jacket, revos, and fresh bottle of hair gel, dang that weather

You forgot the gigantic aviators watch on their wrist........

"He went like this....we went like that...I said to Hollywood...where'd he go, Hollywood says....where did WHO GO......???"

Don't you think there is a direct correlation between a low time pilot, low pay and increased risk?

I mean the CRJ is not a kids toy. If Pinnacle raised its pay to acceptable rates then they could attract and retain better qualified pilots. Then this might not happen. Far better for someone to have an an incident in a 152 then a CRJ. Accidents can happen with higher time pilots but that's not my point. If pay was resonable then airlines could attract better pilots, but because the pay is so low you get what you pay for.

Two very experienced pilots went to take off outa LEX one day.....

Latest resources

Back