Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SuperKooter

It's now Official ASA will Shrink by 130 Jobs

So now what do you ALPAites have to say for yourselves. You are going make ASA shrink. 120-140 people will be out of work because you can't take the ALPA blinders off your overinflated heads.

There WILL be a paycut on the 70 or ASA WILL lose all of them and even more jobs.

Think about your actions and how it will affect people. A large amount of people may find themselves on the street because of your Lack of Common Sense.

I just hope that strike vote will be a weak showing. I will vote NO and I know many other people will also vote NO. If you lemmings do decide to "Burn The MUTHA DOWN" then JA will shrink ASA into nothingness as it probably should at least ALPA will be gone. ASA days are numbered and its because of the selfish MEC.

Hey i've got an Idea maybe you clowns can walk around like fool in your uniforms (with hat on of course) infront of the ASA building. Thats worked so will in the past.

Last edited:
He's going to shrink it anyway...........we're fighting a losing battle.

Have they said they are going to send out notices? what about the newhire classes? whats your source.

amcnd said:
Have they said they are going to send out notices? what about the newhire classes? whats your source.

Flica.

There will be 165 Capatin and 165 F/O slots in Atlanta when SLC closes. There will be 100 Captain and 100 F/O slots same time next year in atlanta. 130 jobs are going bye bye and probably some people too. All because the ALPAites think that the CRJ 200 and 700 are 2 different types of airplanes when they are almost identical.

Also all newhire classes have been canceled from what i've heard. They might have one or 2 in august if there is attrition which would be great since some of the 700 captains have been here WAY past their time.

SuperKooter said:
Also all newhire classes have been canceled from what i've heard. They might have one or 2 in august if there is attrition which would be great since some of the 700 captains have been here WAY past their time.

YOU have heard! You're such a putz. Or is that you again Childree? Why don't you grow a pair you self-centered daddy's boy. You wouldn't have what you have now you dumb shet if not because of ALPA's past bargaining, don't you realize that. What a loser.

SuperKooter said:
Flica.

There will be 165 Capatin and 165 F/O slots in Atlanta when SLC closes. There will be 100 Captain and 100 F/O slots same time next year in atlanta. 130 jobs are going bye bye and probably some people too. All because the ALPAites think that the CRJ 200 and 700 are 2 different types of airplanes when they are almost identical.

Lets see. We are loosing approx 20 pilots a month, this is the Company's number. We will have lost 65 positions, as stated by the Company, in Oct 2007. So stay with me here Super Kooter, 65/20=3.25 months, of no hiring, to offset the loss of 65 pilots.

Oct 2007 is 16 months away. 16X20=320 pilot leave ASA between now and Oct 2007. 320-65=255. This means Super Kooter that ASA will take on 255 pilots between now and Oct 2007.

If you would spend more time thinking instead of crying you might, just might see the big picture.

SuperKooter said:
I just hope that strike vote will be a weak showing. I will vote NO and I know many other people will also vote NO.

Oh sure you know "many other people" you jerk. CT's asinine letter this week had the oposite effect he thought it would. It has convinced many to vote yes for the strike vote. Those 900s will go where they go, regardless of negotiations. That's a managment call, if you can call them that. Since G&J left, all ASA management has been are bodies that carry out Delta's orders, and now to a degree Skywest's orders. They'll lose their little jobs too if ASA disappears. And then where will those "retired" Delta mangers go? ASA has been nothing but a place for them to go suck more money out of the system for theirselves. Look at how many of these managers are ex-Delta here.

Had a stand ride last week and the check airman told us that the training dept has been notified that all remaining new hire classes have been cancelled until further notice.

www. said:
Lets see. We are loosing approx 20 pilots a month, this is the Company's number. We will have lost 65 positions, as stated by the Company, in Oct 2007. So stay with me here Super Kooter, 65/20=3.25 months, of no hiring, to offset the loss of 65 pilots.

Oct 2007 is 16 months away. 16X20=320 pilot leave ASA between now and Oct 2007. 320-65=255. This means Super Kooter that ASA will take on 255 pilots between now and Oct 2007.

If you would spend more time thinking instead of crying you might, just might see the big picture.

wow 20 a month, if that were the case then there would be 20 new Capatin slots open per month but I have seen 5 at the most per month usually none. You must get your "facts" from alpa. ASA will furlough and Alpa will be to blame because they don't know how to negotiate. Shouldn't been so greedy in 02 and 03 trying to wait for the industry wage to go up and maybe we would have a contract now and not have all our planes and jobs going to Skywest.

Latest resources

Back