It had to be said

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
((7)) said:
Or, pay for a sex change and become a Female, from a disadvantage village in Africa. In this case you can forget the other crap and go straight to the front of the line.

You're a dork.

Seafeye,
I agree with you.

None of us in commercial aviation are paid what we deserve. He!!, I'd say 80% of workers in the United States aren't paid what they deserve. That's life as as a peon piss ant in sh!thole Corporate America. The big sh!ts get the bucks. We just work to inprove their quality of life. We're all here to make the C_O's (insert appropriate letter) rich. They don't care about us. That's just the way it is.

Last edited:
Skyboss said:
That assumes overtime, and do you know how rare it is to get a postion there? It proves my point. $20 an hour = $42K a year. Yes, department heads make $100k, but that's what...10-15 positions that will pay that rate nationwide. Outside of the top 10 airports, no one sees $100k. The Director of Airside at LAWA makes $85k, Vice Presidents about $150k. But you have to be pretty **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** lucky (and a minority) to get one of those 10-15 positions nationwide wouldn't you now? In the world of the good ol' boy club, being white and in airport management means you will never see one of the top jobs at a top 10 airport because the boards are too busy overcompensating for 50 years of undercompensation. That is something to bitch about.

OK a small portion of the people in your profession make six figures. Hey, that's kind of like guess what profession? Say it!

Gee MegaTurd you hurt my feelings. By the way who's the Chick with the Poodle Haircut in the Avatar? Your Girlfriend or live in? Whichever it is she needs to be careful these days. She could have some real issues if she smothered you at night with her Hairdo. Keep up the good work, just be careful. You could contract STD's from the wierdo cross gender freaks.

Seafeye said:
I really can't stand when moronic people write crap like this.
Money might not be my number 1 reason for being a pilot. But i have to
earn money to survive. And i should be compensated for it fairly.
Those of you who do it because you love it then fine. Get your Private
buy a Cirrus and stay below 18,000. Some of us have kids to feed and
car payments to make. No and not a porsche. Just a old crappy ford.

The sooner you stop doing this job JUST because you love it is when we
will all start to get paid better. Management knows that it is people like
you will take a pay cut just to fly a larger aircraft. It has got to stop.

Holy Crap!!! Somebody gets it!!!!!!

MedFlyer said:
Unfortunately, while this article may be dead-on accurate, it ignores a key concept that decides pay....supply and demand.
MedFlyer said:
There are way too many pilots. This excess supply drives wages downward.

After a discussion with a freind who recently retired from NWA, I have to disagree. Supply and demand has nothing to do with it. There has ALWAYS been a good supply of pilots. Especially in the better days of Eastern, Pan Am, etc when the military pilots were readily available. The downfall we are all in now is due to two things:
1) Deregulation started the fare wars that are fought by denying labor the higher pay and retirement plans. DAL is a fine example. No sooner than the pilots took that big cut (which according to DAL management was the last thing that could save the airline) DAL cut fares by 50%. Again, the fare war is being fought by denying the employees. WalMart shoopers have wings and want to pay WalMart prices to fly. It's high time to charge people what it costs to fly.
2) Putting jets in the hands of regional airlines. Face it, put a money making, modern machine in the hands of people like Hulas Kanodia and JO and you are bound to have this kind of thing happen. They thrive on the young wide-eyed new pilots who pee in their pants to fly a jet and pay garbage wages because they know that they can get away with it. This is where the supply and demand fallacy comes in often. But the thing to remember is that we ALWAYS had enough pilots to man these airplanes. The difference is that management has been able to pull the wool over the eyes of the new guys who are afraid to lose their job by taking a drastic but legal work action that has worked well by the stronger pilots of the past. The regional airlines are doing well, but the constant woes of the majors has tricked us into thinking that the only way to survive is to be a catfish airline that has pilots who will make krap pay so that our management can undercut the competition. Notice how the passengers are DARN sick of the RJ and the lousy service these days? It's time to enforce the scopes and have the majors take their flying back. Then the regionals can return to their original purpose, and we can all look forward to that major airline job again. The bottom line of this second point is this: If gas prices go up, why punish the labor? Instead, charge what it costs to fly a passenger! How is labor expected to survive on ever-reducing pay while the cost of living keeps going up? I don't see management taking any hits (without a huge giveback for themselves).

Quit believing the BS. We are not paid for the day-to-day routine. We are paid for what CAN happen and the ability to prevent disasters. Raising the retirement age so that management can keep the pay down is not the answer. The public will always need the airlines. It's time to stop this self-defeating behavior.

how rude

Skyboss said:
Yeah.. Only $70k. Not cheap when income potential is incredibly remote at being over $100k. Average is less than $50k.

Bottom line. If you're bitching about your income in this field then you're in it for the wrong reasons. Get the hell out and find something else to do, leave it to those who are in it because they love it.

Money hungry little whinny azz bitches. So you don't get a Porsche? You going to die from it? Apparently some of you are.

Your average TSA screener makes 40k a year with only a GED.

WTF?

No **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**. Thsoe mother **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ers are way over paid.

NOT ONE single person so far has said they need to be making a million dollars but c'mon I need to pay the bills and yes I entered this knowing I would be making 17,000 and oh by the way that is with per diem!!!!!

So you are telling me that it is just, that a TSA person who is uneducated making 40-50k is a balanced equation; if so your office needs a better view!

Last edited:
Skyboss.....Shut The H3LL Up!! You are talking out of your Arse! Try being away from home 240 days a year and not being able to pay the thousands upon thousands of dollars it cost to get here!! No, we don't need a million dollars, but I **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** sure want to get paid what I am worth(somewhat)! I need to get out of debt before I retire and have to find another job....so unless you have something useful to say, don't say anything at all, we don't need to hear it! You are probably one of those people that thinks we make too much money right now!
IDIOT!

Tomct said:
Skyboss.....Shut The H3LL Up!! You are talking out of your Arse! Try being away from home 240 days a year and not being able to pay the thousands upon thousands of dollars it cost to get here!! No, we don't need a million dollars, but I **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** sure want to get paid what I am worth(somewhat)! I need to get out of debt before I retire and have to find another job....so unless you have something useful to say, don't say anything at all, we don't need to hear it! You are probably one of those people that thinks we make too much money right now!
IDIOT!

1. Maybe you should have stayed out of debt?
2. Everyone makes a sacrafice, like the guy with a Masters Degree making minimum wage at an airport in the middle of no-where to get a leg up.
3. 240 nights a year. You poor baby. Try working a midnight shift and not seeing your wife for 5 nights a week for three years because your organization doesn't have a seniority or bid policy.

Cry me a river.

Skyboss said:
That assumes overtime, and do you know how rare it is to get a postion there? It proves my point. $20 an hour = $42K a year. Yes, department heads make $100k, but that's what...10-15 positions that will pay that rate nationwide. Outside of the top 10 airports, no one sees $100k. The Director of Airside at LAWA makes $85k, Vice Presidents about $150k. But you have to be pretty **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** lucky (and a minority) to get one of those 10-15 positions nationwide wouldn't you now? In the world of the good ol' boy club, being white and in airport management means you will never see one of the top jobs at a top 10 airport because the boards are too busy overcompensating for 50 years of undercompensation. That is something to bitch about.

What assumes overtime? Management is salaried, so yeah, I guess they would assume overtime. These jobs can be hard to get because 1) Large government bureaucratic organizations have really #$@# hiring procedures, and 2) These jobs are good enough that people rarely leave. Tell me, how great of a job is Mesa? How easy is it to get a job there? How great of a job is UA, US, NW, CO, AA? How easy is it to get a job there? Getting jobs within airport management, well, you have to be on your game and know your sh!t, because they're civil service jobs which require you to take an exam. I betchya that it is easier to get a job with LAWA than it is to get a job with any of the majors right now. Also, what are you trying to prove? The post I responded to said that airport management doesn't make any money, and my counter point is that it is quite possible to do so. I never said it was easy, just possible.

Skyboss said:
Bottom line. If you're bitching about your income in this field then you're in it for the wrong reasons. Get the hell out and find something else to do, leave it to those who are in it because they love it.
Not this drivel again. The more you keep this up, the more you can expect your crappy pay.

Your average TSA screener makes 40k a year with only a GED.

WTF?

No **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**. Thsoe mother **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ers are way over paid.

Good for them. I'm glad somebody in aviation can make a few bucks.

Skyboss said:
1. Maybe you should have stayed out of debt?

With people like Russian around here who make no bones about spending $150,000 for a $20k/yr flying job, if you don't come from money, you will have to go into debt... Or take several years to finish your degree and flight time.

2. Everyone makes a sacrafice, like the guy with a Masters Degree making minimum wage at an airport in the middle of no-where to get a leg up.
A leg up on what? That guy is an idiot. Do you actually know him? Is it you? I'm slumming around an airport working on a Masters Degree, but 1) I'm not making minimum wage, and 2) My employer is paying for my degree.

3. 240 nights a year. You poor baby. Try working a midnight shift and not seeing your wife for 5 nights a week for three years because your organization doesn't have a seniority or bid policy.

Cry me a river.

I work the midnight shift. It sucks, but it's the only way I can get through school and NOT GO INTO DEBT. Five nights a week is 260 nights a year... you at least get vacation and sick time, right? That means you're away from home... 245 nights a year! Like the pilot! What crawled up your @ss and died? You won't get much sympathy with that kind of attitude. Not our fault you chose a job you don't like.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back