• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Israeli exit stamp

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Latest intel from some travel message boards saying that as of now, they won't even stamp it on a separate piece of paper. I hope it's just 1 incident, but if so, time to order a 2nd passport, or better yet, tear that page out after you come back and blame it on the dog:)

I think you have to submit a special form to the State Department, but there is a provision to get a second passport for that exact reason. Actually, the only way you can have two passports is if one is specifically for Israeli use.

nope. got one while in africa at the embassy. real easy.

Latest intel from some travel message boards saying that as of now, they won't even stamp it on a separate piece of paper. I hope it's just 1 incident, but if so, time to order a 2nd passport, or better yet, tear that page out after you come back and blame it on the dog:)

I wouldn't tear the page out. Some immigration officials in middle east check to see for missing pages for the same reason...remember...the passport pages are numbered. It can also cause unnecessary delays at US entry points.

Even entering Israel can be tough...I have had to sit and explain why I have entries and exits from Jordan in my passport from years earlier. All were work related and she eventually warmed up to it...but still, make it as easy as possible.

Really? I find that surprising, especially since Jordan and Israel have an open border with each other. Israelis and Jordanians viewed each other longingly for years across the border, and when they finally opened the border in the 90's citizens from both sides poured in. (The border is also open with Egypt, but the travel seems very one sided-- Israelis visit Egypt but Egyptians are disuaded from visiting Israel, illustrating that the Israeli-Egyptian peace is very one sided.)

In January I had the following conversation with the Passport Control agent at Ben Gurion airport:

Passport Control Agent: Baruchim Haba'im. Welcome to Israel.
Me: Thank you. May I ask a question. Next month I plan to visit Dubai for a job interview. Will I have a problem the next time I come to Israel.
PCA: No, of course not. Why would you have a problem?
Me: Umm... Because I will have a stamp from an Arab country that does not have diplomatic relations with Israel?
PCA: So? We have many people with Arab stamps in their passport. Especially with Dubai, UAE there will not be a problem. Some Israeli businessmen travel to the UAE, and they have no problem there and they have no problem here.
Me: Really? They let Israelis in? I thought they didn't recognize Israel.
PCA: Well, they recognize the money the businessmen bring. For business the sometimes forget they hate us.
Me: Okay, thank you very much.
PCA: Enjoy your visit Mr. XXXX. L'hitra'ot Shalom, XXXXX (to my 4-year-old).

Even entering Israel can be tough...I have had to sit and explain why I have entries and exits from Jordan in my passport from years earlier. All were work related and she eventually warmed up to it...but still, make it as easy as possible.
Don't take it personally. Five of my immediate famliy crossed from Jordan to Israel and it took over an hour of searches and interrogation -- and we're Jewish. It's just the way things are peace treaty or not.

Man you let them stamp your passport?

I've never had them do that. You must have pissed someone off bad.

Don't take it personally. Five of my immediate famliy crossed from Jordan to Israel and it took over an hour of searches and interrogation -- and we're Jewish. It's just the way things are peace treaty or not.

Oh I dont....they often split up the flight crew and ask questions...I guess just SOP there at times.

Often the chiks doing this are very hot, and toting a nice gun...which is even hotter.

:D

You should've inquired why he was addressing you in the plural. When talking to just one person I say baruch haba (or to a woman b'rucha haba'a). ;)

I was traveling with my son... so together we were plural. My (almost) 4-year-old was having fun flirting with her-- they were winking back and forth with each other.

Latest resources

Back