Isn't BKclock running out for Indy??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skid said:
Kind of sounds like the Dornier 328 Jet. Burns gas but not very fast, and holds very few pax.

Yeah - but I gaurantee it's funner to fly than any stupid "airliner." Not to mention you'd be hard pressed to find a tighter knit group of pilots from that bird.

AZ Typed said:
Yeah - but I gaurantee it's funner to fly than any stupid "airliner." Not to mention you'd be hard pressed to find a tighter knit group of pilots from that bird.

When you say tight????

AZ Typed said:

A very true statement. I'm glad to have been a part of it and do miss it. I can't believe it has been almost a year since we parked them.

As for Indy's BK filing, the deadline has come and gone. I agree with the posts above. I'm afraid that only leaves the hope for a "white knight" or Chapter 7. What are you guys at Indy hearing? (probably nothing) So a better question would be, what kind of vib are you getting?

Best of luck. I was hoping that there would be something worth considering coming back to when my voluntary furlough runs up in April.

The DoJet at Cincy was probably the high point of my career. The 700 is a good airplane, but ASA can't hold a candle to ACA, even before the Independence Day.

The clock for filing under the old rules has indeed run out. If they could have done so, filing and dropping the RJs probably would have been a smart move. I guess that pesky exit financing wouldn't allow that route though.

Flyi Bk

The clock for filing under the old rules has indeed run out. If they could have done so, filing and dropping the RJs probably would have been a smart move. I guess that pesky exit financing wouldn't allow that route though.[/quote]

I think you're probably right. Not filing ch 11 by now is not a good sign. No exit financing and no options.

They are in no hurry if they are going to go for ch 7 liquidation. The change in the rules won't affect them.

Perhaps they are working on their golden parachutes.

blueridge71 said:
The DoJet at Cincy was probably the high point of my career. The 700 is a good airplane, but ASA can't hold a candle to ACA, even before the Independence Day.

The clock for filing under the old rules has indeed run out. If they could have done so, filing and dropping the RJs probably would have been a smart move. I guess that pesky exit financing wouldn't allow that route though.

How depressing...D328 jet in CVG being the highlight of a career. The overnights were horrible (TOL, GRR, EVV, ERI...need I say more?) and the plane was about as reliable as a $3 bill. Also, the crews flying Dornier were being treated like red headed step children by ACA management. When I look at the airline industry TODAY...those were indeed the "good ole days"...how sad is THAT!!! I remember the BOS and LGA lines...high block...those were good trips!!!

House_X said:
How depressing...D328 jet in CVG being the highlight of a career. The overnights were horrible (TOL, GRR, EVV, ERI...need I say more?) and the plane was about as reliable as a $3 bill. Also, the crews flying Dornier were being treated like red headed step children by ACA management. When I look at the airline industry TODAY...those were indeed the "good ole days"...how sad is THAT!!! I remember the BOS and LGA lines...high block...those were good trips!!!

House_X: There's so much more that made CVG pimp than the damn overnights & broken ships, trips and block. It was the people - duh. The 328 was the new "J32" of the fleet (as you put it "red headed step child") and that made it all the more fun. Yes...there were some big TOOLS in the airplane in both seats. But they were far and few between compared to the Space Shuttle ROBOTS that we were all forced to work with in HELL, err I mean IAD. Of course, the Space Shuttle was probably the highlight of your carerr, eh.

AZ Typed said:
House_X: There's so much more that made CVG pimp than the dang overnights & broken ships, trips and block. It was the people - duh. The 328 was the new "J32" of the fleet (as you put it "red headed step child") and that made it all the more fun. Yes...there were some big TOOLS in the airplane in both seats. But they were far and few between compared to the Space Shuttle ROBOTS that we were all forced to work with in HELL, err I mean IAD. Of course, the Space Shuttle was probably the highlight of your carerr, eh.

AMEN (Well assuming I was one of the TOOLS).. :D

Latest resources

Back