Isn't BKclock running out for Indy??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Grassstrippilot

When is the date that the BK rules change? I thought that it was the 17th. Is Indy going to file? I half expected to see something today.

In another blow for financially struggling Independence Air, Moody's Investors Service has downgraded its rating on some of parent company FLYi's debt.

t.gif

t.gif

The ratings service cut to "negative" its outlook on about $58 million in FLYi debt because of concerns about the collateral the company has pledged to back it up. Moody's says the regional jets used as collateral, specifically CRJ-200-ER and BAE Systems J-41 turboprops, are losing their value and weakening recovery prospects for the debt holders.
"Additionally, should the regional subsidiaries of Delta and Northwest dispose of significant numbers of their CRJ-200 -ER fleet, a relatively large percent of the total fleet of this aircraft type would enter the market simultaneously putting further pressure on aircraft values," Moody's says in its downgrade.
Independence Air (NASDAQ: FLYI) negotiated early lease terminations for a number of its turboprop jets earlier this year, but the ones pledged as collateral for the debt downgraded by Moody's were not among them.
Independence Air has significantly reduced its flight schedule and is cutting hundreds of jobs, mostly at its Dulles hub, as it tries to fend off a bankruptcy filing. The company lost $98.5 million in the second quarter. It will report third-quarter results Oct. 27.

PoorJetDriver said:
Moody's says in its downgrade.
Independence Air (NASDAQ: FLYI) negotiated early lease terminations for a number of its turboprop jets earlier this year.
:erm: Turboprop jets?

LAXSaabdude.

I dont think they will file bc they have no ability to do DIP financing. Only hope is a "white knight" or equity investment. Its all or nothing.

Good luck to all my friends there.

You can't file bankruptcy if you don't have a plan for exit financing. Filing at this point probably would have been a good sign (better than the alternative anyway).

-PB

Tyro said:
Oh yes. Why, turboprop jets. Burn a lot of gas. -And they're slow.:)

Kind of sounds like the Dornier 328 Jet. Burns gas but not very fast, and holds very few pax.

Latest resources

Back