Island Flying??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Latest and greatest about the merger...

They're expecting to complete it on or short after April 12.
Hawaiian and Aloha pilot groups are going through the merger process. From my understanding, HAL ALPA paid out a lump sum for the arbitrator, and ALO pilots are being assessed $250/month for 150 days. That's a lot of Happy Meals per month being tossed away.

As for Island Air, we will stay the same.. Seems like the relationship will be very similar to AA/AE - both owned by AMR, 2 different seniority lists. We're gonna be feeding Hawaiian or whatever the new airline will be called. We most likely won't be furloughing any pilots, but we also won't be running classes this year either, but who knows.. the situation changes daily. Rumors are flying.... but it's just that.. rumors. Until I see something on paper, that's all I take it for.

!

HAL/ALO Merger

I'll second what freight dog said. There's little concrete evidence on what we'll exactly look like after the merger, but (unlike a number of pilots here at Hawaiian) I do have faith in Greg Brenneman. I don't think he won the trust of Continental employees by scr*wing them over, and I think he'll do good by us too.

The latest word from Brenneman is that we'll have 24 short haul jets, 22 long haul jets, and the 4 DHC-8's for island air by the end of this year, and growing 7 - 10% per year after that. He expects to dump all ALO's 737-200's, except for four to be used exclusively as freighters, and have all 717's running passengers interisland. The long haul will be a mix of 767's and 757's. Aloha's NG 737's will be replaced by the end of 2002 with 757's. The DC-10's will be gone by the end of 2003.

We should be the 10th largest airline when the merger is completed, and growing from there.

Freight Dog; looking forward to seeing you moving up to us in the near future!

HAL

HAL,

I also have faith in Brenneman. I'd rather have him running the new company than Zander or Casey, or anyone else for that matter. To be very honest with you, I'd like to see Sonny Ching go away too, but who knows.. maybe Brenneman will pay him to sit at the beach all day.

Jim,
Who told you that? The same guys trying to kill the deal through CCAT? They'll say anything to get people behind their plan to kill the merger - because 1) they're scared of anything new, and don't have the forsight to see what would happen if the deal was trashed (think about someone like Lorenzo coming in); and 2) CCAT is run by travel agents who, in the event of a merger, would lose their gravy train of 30% commission on interisland coupons while the airlines lose money on every ticket.

Straight from Brenneman's mouth is that we should have every pilot back soon because of the training bubble in getting the ALO guys into the 717, and 757. I doubt you'll be sitting on the beach this summer.

HAL

Check out Provo in the Turks and Ciacos Islands, they are always looking for pilot's for their Aztec's, 402's, and whatever.

Latest resources

Back