Island Airline's Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VERN

Does anyone know if Island Air will hire with less than 800 total and 200 multi if the have a pilot walk their resume in? or is it a long shot?

They won't. I remember calling and asking that specific question a little over a year ago.

VERN said:
Does anyone know if Island Air will hire with less than 800 total and 200 multi if the have a pilot walk their resume in? or is it a long shot?

No they won't, it's a no shot. The minimums for the last class was 1000 total and 200 multi. A guy I knew had 934 total and over 300 multi and they wouldn't accept it.

If someone walks your resume in, make certain that person is in good standing with the company, kind of like that anywhere though, right?

Aloha and much success to you.

slatsnfive said:
No they won't, it's a no shot. The minimums for the last class was 1000 total and 200 multi. A guy I knew had 934 total and over 300 multi and they wouldn't accept it.

If someone walks your resume in, make certain that person is in good standing with the company, kind of like that anywhere though, right?

Aloha and much success to you.

What's pay like over there? Is upgrade still happening relatively quick?

ILStoMinimums said:
What's pay like over there? Is upgrade still happening relatively quick?[/QUOTE

First year FO is 21.58, second year is 26.76 or something around there. Negotiations are currently in progress for the Q400 pay scale. The committee is also going to negotiate the 100 scale to increase the pay there as well.

slatsnfive said:
ILStoMinimums said:
What's pay like over there? Is upgrade still happening relatively quick?[/QUOTE

First year FO is 21.58, second year is 26.76 or something around there. Negotiations are currently in progress for the Q400 pay scale. The committee is also going to negotiate the 100 scale to increase the pay there as well.

slatsnfive said:
The committee is also going to negotiate the 100 scale to increase the pay there as well.
Don't count your $$ just yet. It's still to be determined what will be negotiated. It may well be that, if the pilot group decides on a two-scale pay system, the -100 won't be touched. That contract is still good for another two years. We'll have to wait and see there are no guarantees either way.

And to answer the previous question, WP has never, EVER had "commensurate with experience" in their minimums. If you don't have 1000, they won't even take your resume. Hard core.

RJP said:
And to answer the previous question, WP has never, EVER had "commensurate with experience" in their minimums. If you don't have 1000, they won't even take your resume. Hard core.

they stopped waiving the mins when they got rid of the twin otters. since then they have stuck to their published mins pretty well.

RJP said:
Don't count your $$ just yet. It's still to be determined what will be negotiated. It may well be that, if the pilot group decides on a two-scale pay system, the -100 won't be touched. That contract is still good for another two years. We'll have to wait and see there are no guarantees either way.

Thats right, I stand corrected, the 100 pay scale is good for 2 more years, they are negotiating pay for FO and CA on the 400. And yup its hardcore.

Seems I cant get anything right on these posts. Im always being corrected. Oh well.

slatsnfive said:
Seems I cant get anything right on these posts. Im always being corrected. Oh well.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and where there are applicable facts to bolster the anecdotal premise, it must be presented in the appropriate forum.

-in other words-

It's 'cause there are so many friggin subject matter experts on Island Air, and sometimes I wonder about me!;)

Latest resources

Back