Island Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sky-doggie

any of you cuzs know what the haps is wit Island Air. Would love to fly one of their Dash 8s! Are they hiring or is there a bunch of poolies waiting for groundschools there just like everyone else???

Also. Any one know what the deal is with ASA? I have been checking their website for months and finally it says they are hiring. So I send my stuff in and now I hear about a huge pool of people that interviewed and are awaiying ground schools??

Oh also I heard from a reliable source who just visited Skywest that they are not planning on doing any hiring in the near future and that anyone who is going to TUS for the new jet base will come from existing lines or tranfer from the brazillia. They have plenty of people in the new-hire pool for the rest of this year and event hought they are suppossed to get 35 CRJs next year. It looks grim

I just interviewed with Island Air last week. They are bulking up there pool and from what I understand it could be 6-8 months before they hire again. Let me know if you here anything different.

No, do you know of any? The interviewers, while pleasant, were not very forthcoming with answers to many of my questions.

I interviewed last week. I asked about future classes. they told me they are thinking about one in Oct. but if they have it there will only be 5-6 in it. They said it depends on if and how many leave to Aloha or Hawaiian.

I just heard from a guy at Hawaiin. He said they have no plans to hire until next year. Hopefully Aloha will still be hiring and take a few Island Air pilots.

Latest resources

Back