Island Air Schedule and QOL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airludy

I have a interview coming up. Whats the QOL like in Hawaii? Isnt it hard to live on such low wages there? What is your schedule like? Are you home every night? Is it like 4 on 3 off?

you have an interview coming up and you still have these questions? what happened to research.......yes its hard to live in hawaii regardless.........QOL?why are you asking that question.....you know why you applied there in the first place......read the previous posts...its the longest thread on this site......

Dear Airludy,

Not everyone in Hawaii is a dickhead.
QOL in Hawaii ranges from awesome or horrible. Your attitude will determine the answer. True, your dollars don't buy as many beers in Hawaii as they do in Des Moines, but then again, you get what you pay for. Awesome schedule, home everynight. Good luck on your interview.

The pay may not be great, but the flying is probably wonderful. And, being home every night could lead to a good social life if you are single. It would also be cheaper if you were single. Go out there and give it a try, and enjoy paradise.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Is Hugh Mellowing?

Hugh Jorgan said:
Dear Airludy,

Not everyone in Hawaii is a dickhead.
QOL in Hawaii ranges from awesome or horrible. Your attitude will determine the answer. True, your dollars don't buy as many beers in Hawaii as they do in Des Moines, but then again, you get what you pay for. Awesome schedule, home everynight. Good luck on your interview.

I'm impressed. Hugh must be getting some :)

Hugh said it exactly right. Your attitude will determine if you like it.

If you want to live in Hawaii, you'll like it. If you don't you won't. Simple as that. I've seen a lot of people come here over the years and you can always tell who will enjoy it and who won't by their attitude. Anyone who moves over here and has problems usually does because their problms ae self generated.

Last edited:
What is an average take home paycheck for a newhire? How does every other new hire live off first year pay? Any pilot at Island Air commute?

airludy said:
I am researching douchbag and this is part of my research. What an @%@^@#$$
With this attitude, fitting in will not be easy. If you were "researching" you should make the effort to look through the 1500+ posts on the Island Air thread. In between the BS, there's a lot of information.

Latest resources

Back