Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is your regional airline implementing the ATP requirement?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyerdan

For all you regional FO's out there (and anyone else who may know) I am wondering if the new ATP requirement is being discussed and/or implemented in your training department.

There is some chatter starting at Skywest but nothing concrete yet. Some are saying that we will get an ATP as part of our next trip to sim but it seems there may be much more involved. Can it be done from the right seat? Would it be the normal few questions for an oral or would you have to prep for something more in line with the oral/checkride like you get when you upgrade?

It seems to me like we should get some communication going about this or people could be in for a rude awakening.

As far as I know Compass is the only one that is giving out ATPs right now for FOs. Also, Comair just started not too long ago.

As far as I know Compass is the only one that is giving out ATPs right now for FOs. Also, Comair just started not too long ago.

Don't you need enough seniority to have been a captain to still be working at Comair now?

Comair is offering the ATP and type ride to all the noncaptain FOs when they come for their recurrent sim.
It is the individuals choice if they want to do it.

Comair is offering the ATP and type ride to all the noncaptain FOs when they come for their recurrent sim.
It is the individuals choice if they want to do it.

It is just the ATP in addition to your normal MV/LOE. It is NOT a type ride. The FAA specifically would not grant that for the Comair SIC to ATP program.

As far as I know Compass is the only one that is giving out ATPs right now for FOs.

You are correct, but this has been done since day one there since it is in the contract.

So they're doing it, but it's not related to the new rules.

Latest resources

Back