• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is your ATP written still valid if...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As I recall, the continuous employment" part started out from FAA HQ in a letter format 15 to 20 tears ago. Then it went into the regs. But continuous employment was hard to prove. So the reg was changed. How many times would require some research.

The poster was not looking for a history lesson, just a quick answer to a question. That's why I said:

"Old reg said continuous employment. No longer a requirement"

JAFI

Wankel7 said:
(1) Is employed as a flight crewmember by a certificate holder under part 121, 125, or 135 of thìs chapter at the time of the practical test and has satisfactorily accomplished that operator's approved-

So that means the day you take the test...you work for a 121,125, or a 135 the test is good for as long as you work for an 121, 125, or 135 carrier?

So, I could take the test today working for a 135 operator. Then go to a 121 and be a four year f/o then upgrade and the test would still be valid?

Wankel

No. You quoted up to the pertinent part and then stopped short of your answer. Not only must you be employed by a 121, 125, or 135 operator as a flight crewmember, but you must complete THAT OPERATOR's approved PIC upgrade program.
The expired written is only good if upgrading with the operator you were working for when you took the test.

I appreciate all the responses so far. I see a lot of really good points, but still don't know which one is the right answer!?

Keep the responses coming! :cool:

AZaviator said:
I appreciate all the responses so far. I see a lot of really good points, but still don't know which one is the right answer!?

Keep the responses coming! :cool:

Uhhhh, why would you need more responses? The entire text of the current regulation has been posted by JAFI. Read it, it's very clear. Any response which says something diffent than the regulation is wrong, ignore them.

It's that simple

ATP Valid?

I just faced then when I was hired from 135 to 121. According my training department my written remains valid as long as I am employeed with a 121 / 135 carrier.

The reg do not make a distiction between the 121 or 135 written and either one may be used for your ATP / CAPT ride at the airline.

Hope this helps

Latest resources

Back