• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Vision Airlines off the ground yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's so funny to me how everybody has to hate on other airlines. Lot's of mis-information about Vision out there.

Hey "Friend," just about every place I've interviewed with, I had to pay my own way if the airline didn't fly to my home city and I also had to pay for my hotel. Tell me how many places out there pay for hotels for people coming in for an interview?

And also, the hourly pay may seem low, but Vision offers pilots a base salary plus an hourly rate for each hour/credit flown. This place is far from perfect, but for a charter airline now becoming a scheduled carrier, pay on the 737 is pretty competitive.

So hate all you want, we're just trying to make a living and hoping that our airline is successfull.

I agree with ramen. people seem to post stuff they have no idea about. Instead of complaining abut how vision brings other airlines down which they don't why not try to get your airline pay up and give reason for others to follow.

Can we 121 guys/girls jumpseat on Vision?

Yes! We take all 121 pilots and fa's. You can list at the counter or ask the gate agent. If the agents aren't sure, ask to speak with the captain. We carry jumpseat forms in the cockpit just in case our contract handlers aren't familiar with our procedures.

Yes! We take all 121 pilots and fa's. You can list at the counter or ask the gate agent. If the agents aren't sure, ask to speak with the captain. We carry jumpseat forms in the cockpit just in case our contract handlers aren't familiar with our procedures.

Check your PM's.

Yes, I am aware. However their new Allegiant-esque growth plans, if they work, will bring them to the attention of the industry if they are successful. And if they are successful and start hiring pilots, I would bet money it will be at an undercutting wage. Those pilots will then be on this forum using one of the excuses I listed above to explain why they don't deserve to be paid like other narrowbody pilots. How could I possibly know this? Hmmm.....

I forgot to add one to my list as well:

"We only have a few airplanes so how could that possibly affect anyone else's pay rates?"

But don't the Allegiant pilots now have higher pay rates than your UAL pilots?
Why yes, yes they do. In fact, even if they took a pay cut with that stupid sliding scale, they'll still have higher pay rates than you. Maybe Vision will make more too.

Latest resources

Back