Is This The Reputation FI Users Want?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gulfstream 200 said:
No, most would rather just watch movies in the comfy of thier GV or Global instead of dealing with the nasty recliners and the dorky fractional contract talk inside the FBO.

and no, they dont give a rats a$$ if you think its too noisy, its not noisy inside.

Word, dog. Maybe the poster is tired of walking out to the back 40 where they park the airplanes with no APU's...

Now, FI isn't a whiney board, it's an arrogant board... There's something here for everyone. ;) TC

AA717driver said:
Word, dog. Maybe the poster is tired of walking out to the back 40 where they park the airplanes with no APU's...

Now, FI isn't a whiney board, it's an arrogant board... There's something here for everyone. ;) TC
:beer: Yea...like we care what those pukes think! (although, I can dig where 2000 is coming from!)

avbug said:
Every time I have to wear earplugs around to save my little remaining hearing from some twit who insists on running his APU until the 13th hour, I have warm pleasant thoughts about slapping the heads together for the crew of the offending airplane.

It's annoying folks. Think.
You illustrate a pretty fundamental lack of knowledge about the use of APUs on corporate aircraft here with these remarks.

Did you know that many corporate aircraft REQUIRE the APU to get the engines started?

Did you know that more than a few corporate aircraft cannot energize vital aircraft systems on the ground without a source of generated power?

Did you know that when it's hovering right around 0°F at 0700 in TEB, a guy who ponied up $25 million or so of his hard earned cash would like to be able to take his coat off when he steps aboard his plane.

Did you know that IRSs take anywhere from 10 - 15 minutes to align?

Did you know that passengers are often late - simply because they know that they can be?

Did you know that when passengers are late it's not really a good idea to call them up and say, "Where the hell are you? Do you know what time it is?"

Yeah, I'll bet you knew all that stuff but you don't care. You just don't want me running my APU next to your ears. Know what? How about YOU keep your ears away from my APU and let me do the job I was hired to do!

Oh and one more thing

What is it with you yo-yo's who think that you need to run the beacon when the APU is running? You're just shortening the life of a life-limited part!

Is it me or does Hawkers have the loudest damn APU?

Dumbledore- I often wonder about guys/gals who have the beacon on with the APU running.

Great post Dumbledore. Our SOP's say we are required to go out thirty minutes prior and start the APU to get things going-IE-HEAT, or A/C clearance, ATIS etc, etc. You are right, many (did I mention MANY) times the pax are late because they can be. Some give a courtesy call, ten percent dont. So we are not going to shut it down and try again later. We just leave it running. If in TEB I always put a little extra fuel on for this and many, many other delays that come out of TEB. Anyway, rant is over. Time to think about my beer choices for the noon Clemson Tigers game.

C-L-E-M-S-O-----N

With the new LCD displays, we aren't even supposed to turn them on unless the temp is 55F or above. Body heat alone won't do that. (Keep your minds out of the gutter, please. Like that's gonna work with this group... :rolleyes: ) TC

Dumbledore said:
What is it with you yo-yo's who think that you need to run the beacon when the APU is running? You're just shortening the life of a life-limited part!
If I had APU
I'd APU it in the morning
I'd APU it in the evening
All over this land.

I'd APU out danger
I'd APU out a warning
I'd APU out love between my brothers and my sisters
All over this land.
I got a couple more verses in me, want me to keep going? :nuts:

Latest resources

Back