Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is this legit? CAL hiring 300hr pilots...??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JSky26

I just got done speaking with someone who attended this years Women in Aviation Conference down in Orlando and the word on the street is that instead of giving away type ratings like they normally do, CAL gave out 12 flight officer positions with the airline. Half of these "scholarships" went to women with under 1000 hrs total time, no jet, no 121/135. And the low-timer of the group...get this... had only 300TT and 12 ME...wet AMEL ticket. I couldn't frickin' believe it....but I guess the way the industry is today...anything is possible.

Discuss....

Its probably not true... Ya'll need to relax a bit

CAL wants low time pilots so when they come to the group and ask for scope, paycuts, or contract extensions, vs. job cuts, the low timers will go for it cause they cant go anywhere else.

They will not be able to go anywhere if things go south. United did this in the 90's. They stopped the practice when these pilots could not hold an ATP and meet ICAO mins for a type rating. I am sure that CO will get in to that mess too, since all of their pilots are typed. It really huts with the ETOPS qual.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back