is this job worth it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

navigator72

I found this job while surfing the net for opportunities, would you do this?
Iraq Job Opportunities

Open positions??

Main Battle Tank Repairer,
Mechanic Engineer Equipment,
Chemical Pump Repair,
Mechanic ? Instrument Control Senior Repairer,
MIMMS Operator (Marine Corps Automated Logistician),
Tank Turret Repair,
TOW Missile Repairer,
DSETS Operator

All positions starting at 80K!
Salaries vary with each position.

R&R every 4 months

Working Conditions:
Extreme danger, stress, physical hardships and possible field living conditions associated with this position within a desert camp complex.

Ability to function during an extended assignment at a foreign, in-country facility exposed to seasonal temperature extremes. Ability to cope with shared cafeteria, bath and sleeping quarters. Must be able to walk, kneel, bend and stoop, and have correctable vision. Supervised by the Site Manager or senior Human Resources personnel. Only those willing to work and live under these conditions should apply.

Please email resume to [email protected] or fax to 678-259-1060.
Please include the position you?re applying to in the heading. Call 888-538-8467 Ext. 1067

It would depend on your priorities or not. If you've never been in the military or have had a secret security clearance, you won't be a canditate for these positions.

On the plus side, the first $80k of your salary is not taxed if you're overseas. It gives a chance to squirrel away some coin.

Judging from your aviatar, you wouldn't fit.

I detect just a wee bit of flaimebait in that post. I'm sure some people are taking these jobs. No guts, no glory!

I have a friend that is single, no kids that is over there doing machine gun maintenance and he signed up for another year. It seems to work for him. I have another friend with a wife and kid that is thinking about it. I hope he changes his mind. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Skydivinguy

Where upcountry?

I grew up near Kula, off the Haleakala Highway. Do you hate bicycle tourists by any chance?

Latest resources

Back