• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

is this job worth it?

navigator72

Total Time
1700+
I found this job while surfing the net for opportunities, would you do this?
Iraq Job Opportunities

Open positions??

Main Battle Tank Repairer,
Mechanic Engineer Equipment,
Chemical Pump Repair,
Mechanic ? Instrument Control Senior Repairer,
MIMMS Operator (Marine Corps Automated Logistician),
Tank Turret Repair,
TOW Missile Repairer,
DSETS Operator

All positions starting at 80K!
Salaries vary with each position.

R&R every 4 months

Working Conditions:
Extreme danger, stress, physical hardships and possible field living conditions associated with this position within a desert camp complex.

Ability to function during an extended assignment at a foreign, in-country facility exposed to seasonal temperature extremes. Ability to cope with shared cafeteria, bath and sleeping quarters. Must be able to walk, kneel, bend and stoop, and have correctable vision. Supervised by the Site Manager or senior Human Resources personnel. Only those willing to work and live under these conditions should apply.

Please email resume to mfinch@aerotek.com or fax to 678-259-1060.
Please include the position you?re applying to in the heading. Call 888-538-8467 Ext. 1067

erj-145mech

Total Time
It would depend on your priorities or not. If you've never been in the military or have had a secret security clearance, you won't be a canditate for these positions.

On the plus side, the first $80k of your salary is not taxed if you're overseas. It gives a chance to squirrel away some coin.

skydivinguy

Total Time
Judging from your aviatar, you wouldn't fit.

Geronimo4497

Total Time
I detect just a wee bit of flaimebait in that post. I'm sure some people are taking these jobs. No guts, no glory!

westwind

Total Time
I have a friend that is single, no kids that is over there doing machine gun maintenance and he signed up for another year. It seems to work for him. I have another friend with a wife and kid that is thinking about it. I hope he changes his mind. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

jergar999

Total Time
Skydivinguy

Where upcountry?

I grew up near Kula, off the Haleakala Highway. Do you hate bicycle tourists by any chance?