• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is this guy a delta pilot, delta regional pilot or neither

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly into Denver sometimes. Then you will see why I am glad the Delta pilots are asking.

CYA

This touches on the philosophy of debating. What you are implying by telling the group "try flying into DEN sometime" is that you do it all the time and we have no experience flying into DEN, or for that matter any other airport where the winds can shift quite a bit.

So lets go back to the simple aurgument of Joe Merchant. He says that he would rather use other indicators to forcast what the winds are going to be doing on touchdown vs someone calling for a windcheck. By no means am I saying that the guy calling for a wind check is not using any other means to estimate the wind upon landing. I am saying there are aurguments out there that the guy calling for a wind check is taking up "air time" on the radio and that call is not nesacery (sp).

Lets find common ground amongst the group by stating this fact. Calling for a wind check CAN be one of many tools used to estimate the winds on the ground at the time of landing.

This touches on the philosophy of debating. What you are implying by telling the group "try flying into DEN sometime" is that you do it all the time and we have no experience flying into DEN, or for that matter any other airport where the winds can shift quite a bit.

So lets go back to the simple aurgument of Joe Merchant. He says that he would rather use other indicators to forcast what the winds are going to be doing on touchdown vs someone calling for a windcheck. By no means am I saying that the guy calling for a wind check is not using any other means to estimate the wind upon landing. I am saying there are aurguments out there that the guy calling for a wind check is taking up "air time" on the radio and that call is not nesacery (sp).

Lets find common ground amongst the group by stating this fact. Calling for a wind check CAN be one of many tools used to estimate the winds on the ground at the time of landing.

Your signature line says it all: "I'm a dork and should have logged out last-time."

Good bye.

CYA

Yes he's a Comair pilot. JB had a meeting with our MEC who is pissed off about it because it has given Comair a black eye.

How many eyes can Comair have?

I guess two for every president Delta has installed there over the last six years. I believe that would calculate out to about twelve black eyes.

Your signature line says it all: "I'm a dork and should have logged out last-time."

Good bye.

CYA

Thats it? I was hoping for more. Come on, you got more don't you?

Your signature line says all too much about this industry. Good luck and I am not being sarcastic either.

Actually, if you don't get he reference, it is you who is stupid. . . . or you've never operated into ATL . . . or DFW . . . or LGA . . . or BOS . . . or . . nevermind.

Stupid shouldn't call the stupid "stupid", Stupid.

In the jumpseat on the Tranny into ATL a few weeks ago. Cappy asked for a "wind check". Wasn't even the FO or you would claim he was early retired DL guy. Just a regular Airtran dude and he was curious about the current winds rather than the 45 minute old ATIS and since ATL tower often decides it's too much trouble to say the winds when giving landing clearance, it seemed to me like a good call. Espcially since it was a quartering tailwind.

Not sure why guys have the "Delta pilots asked for wind check" wood out there. Not unique to DAL. And not a big deal anyway - who really cares but you handful of guys?

Is it somehow a man-law violation to ask for tower winds?

Latest resources

Back