• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is this guy a delta pilot, delta regional pilot or neither

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, this is reassuring. I would rather have my family on that flight!

CYA

What exactly is the "wind check" telling you that reassures you? It isn't what the wind is going to be when and where you touch down. I prefer to use things like flags, wind socks, water, trees, and which way I have to point the nose to give me an idea of the wind.....

By the way, how do you land at airports after the tower closes or at uncontrolled airports...No wind check then....

By the way, regarding the original article...Who cares if he grew some weed...I don't smoke the stuff, but it's time to just legalize it. Hell it's easier to be in this country illegally these days then it is to grow some weed. Priorities in this country are all screwed up.....

Consented to let them search? Uh, no thanks - I'll pass.

What exactly is the "wind check" telling you that reassures you? It isn't what the wind is going to be when and where you touch down. I prefer to use things like flags, wind socks, water, trees, and which way I have to point the nose to give me an idea of the wind.....

By the way, how do you land at airports after the tower closes or at uncontrolled airports...No wind check then....

Fly into Denver sometimes. Then you will see why I am glad the Delta pilots are asking.

CYA

Will people ever learn to not consent to a search request...especially if you have something to hide?

I second that! What an A-hole. My answer would be NO. Unless you have a warrant, no.

If they ask, it means they are legally not allowed to search. If they had a warrant, they wouldn't ask.

Actually, this is reassuring. I would rather have my family on that flight!

CYA

Interesting thought. The philosophy of flying an aircraft. Asking for a wind check when it is fairly calm vs a wind check on a blustering day. Of course it is prudent to ask for a wind check on the blustering day, but the guy asking for a wind check on every landing (including the ones where the wind is fairly calm).

My question is...Does this person truely have the big picture in mind. Can they estimate what the airplane is going to do in the next 10 seconds, 20 seconds,....30 seconds? Maybe?

We just don't know. So the discussion continues.

As to your aurgument of putting your family on board this particular aircraft, which you are really trying to aurgue that this person that asks for wind checks seems to be a better pilot. Simply asking for a wind check.

I would have to counter that aurgument and say I would think the better pilot could use other refrences to estimate the wind, be confident in the abilities of themselves and the aircraft, and of course the knowledge that asking for a wind check on a 5 mile final only gives a snapshot of one particular area and a point of time.

I could write a thesis on the philosophies of flight/airmanship.

Latest resources

Back