Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is there a Training Contract with Kalitta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had a friend that just started with them, and I don't think he had to sign anything, but I'll ask to be sure. It's probably a good thing, he said they hired a low time fellow with a considerable amount of turboprop time but who had never flown a jet. I guess the guy made it through training, but shook his head and walked the first time he saw the 747 on the ramp.

HVYDRVR said:
Does anyone know if there is a training contract/commitment for Kalitta?
Which company are you asking about? Kalitta Charters (Lears and Falcons), Kalitta Charters II(B727 and DC-9), or Kalitta Air(B747)?

iaflyer

HVYDRVR said:
Does anyone know if there is a training contract/commitment for Kalitta Air?
No, there isn't one. Upgrade time is running about a year and a half (no contract or commitment there either).

iaflyer

iaflyer said:
No, there isn't one. Upgrade time is running about a year and a half (no contract or commitment there either).

iaflyer

Very nice...thanks. I wasn't sure because some companies hold you for a certain period of time. If you leave early they hit you up for training costs. I guess you can't blame them for doing that.

Start class in July and just wasn't sure if I had to sign anything. Thanks iaflyer.

HVY

jergar999 said:
I had a friend that just started with them, and I don't think he had to sign anything, but I'll ask to be sure. It's probably a good thing, he said they hired a low time fellow with a considerable amount of turboprop time but who had never flown a jet. I guess the guy made it through training, but shook his head and walked the first time he saw the 747 on the ramp.

You have to be kidding me!?! I'm sure that it would be intimindating, but I would certainly not drop a load in my scivvies and run the other way. MAN.

I'll take his job.................

I guess it is nice to know that I may have a shot with them in a little while. MMMMMMMM....... round the world in a 747. Time to stop day-dreaming and get back to Pilatus driving :)

Latest resources

Back