• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Is there a Training Contract with Kalitta?

HVYDRVR

Member
Joined
May 2, 2004
Posts
24
Total Time
Enough
Does anyone know if there is a training contract/commitment for Kalitta?

Thanks
 

jergar999

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 24, 2002
Posts
791
Total Time
4800
I had a friend that just started with them, and I don't think he had to sign anything, but I'll ask to be sure. It's probably a good thing, he said they hired a low time fellow with a considerable amount of turboprop time but who had never flown a jet. I guess the guy made it through training, but shook his head and walked the first time he saw the 747 on the ramp.
 

iaflyer

Haulin the folks...
Joined
Nov 27, 2001
Posts
436
Total Time
7,400
HVYDRVR said:
Does anyone know if there is a training contract/commitment for Kalitta?
Which company are you asking about? Kalitta Charters (Lears and Falcons), Kalitta Charters II(B727 and DC-9), or Kalitta Air(B747)?

iaflyer
 

ATR-DRIVR

Used Register
Joined
Jan 31, 2003
Posts
1,555
Total Time
18k+
jergar999 said:
I guess the guy made it through training, but shook his head and walked the first time he saw the 747 on the ramp.

Why did he walk away?
 

HVYDRVR

Member
Joined
May 2, 2004
Posts
24
Total Time
Enough
iaflyer said:
Which company are you asking about? Kalitta Charters (Lears and Falcons), Kalitta Charters II(B727 and DC-9), or Kalitta Air(B747)?

iaflyer

Kalitta Air
 

iaflyer

Haulin the folks...
Joined
Nov 27, 2001
Posts
436
Total Time
7,400
HVYDRVR said:
Does anyone know if there is a training contract/commitment for Kalitta Air?
No, there isn't one. Upgrade time is running about a year and a half (no contract or commitment there either).

iaflyer
 

HVYDRVR

Member
Joined
May 2, 2004
Posts
24
Total Time
Enough
iaflyer said:
No, there isn't one. Upgrade time is running about a year and a half (no contract or commitment there either).

iaflyer

Very nice...thanks. I wasn't sure because some companies hold you for a certain period of time. If you leave early they hit you up for training costs. I guess you can't blame them for doing that.

Start class in July and just wasn't sure if I had to sign anything. Thanks iaflyer.

HVY
 

Geronimo4497

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2004
Posts
591
Total Time
2300
jergar999 said:
I had a friend that just started with them, and I don't think he had to sign anything, but I'll ask to be sure. It's probably a good thing, he said they hired a low time fellow with a considerable amount of turboprop time but who had never flown a jet. I guess the guy made it through training, but shook his head and walked the first time he saw the 747 on the ramp.

You have to be kidding me!?! I'm sure that it would be intimindating, but I would certainly not drop a load in my scivvies and run the other way. MAN.


I'll take his job.................

I guess it is nice to know that I may have a shot with them in a little while. MMMMMMMM....... round the world in a 747. Time to stop day-dreaming and get back to Pilatus driving :)
 
Top