Is there a demand for CFI's anywhere?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HU-16 said:
I prefer summer in AZ over Florida. I lived in Tempe for a year and I really miss it. I may move back and whore myself out until I find something flying.

My God, if you lived in Tempe no wounder you want to go back! Hell I visited there twice and I want to go back!:D Good luck getting there.

New England maybe..... but having IFR weather for the last week doens't help
in the last 8 days......1/2 hour of flightitime.

At one time in my life, I worked as a CFI in Lubbock, Tx. The FBO is Lubbock Aero. Lubbock my not be your first choice of places to live, but, it will grow on you. It's a big College town and has people with some money. I worked 6 days/wk and made my own schedule. Made ok money also. The people are friendly, the ground is flat, but, at least there aren't any trees to block your view!

Speaking of Lubbock, I remember about a month ago, seeing a few CFI job openings in Lubbock, and the Midland/Odessa, TX area.

I think your best bet might be looking into flight schools in smaller towns, that aren't flooded with CFIs. Just a guess. The big metropolitan areas seem to be flooded with CFIs these days.

I was only thinking of LBB; Midland or Amarillo are also good possibilities. When I was in LBB, there was always someone flying something somewhere who would let you ride along. Just be sure and log it as dual recieved.

Nashville

Nashville Area- NO CFI work to be found

One of the larger schools laughed and said they had about half the students now compared to pre 9/11, and twice the number of flight instructors.

Try the SF Bay Area

I know of some flight schools in the San Francisco Bay area that are still hiring CFI’s. The pay kind of sucks but at least you get some flying time. They are mostly small FBO’s in the area the one big flight school Sierra Academy is not doing too well they laid-off some flight instructors, I was lucky I still have my job there. But many instructors after getting the pink slip got instructing jobs elsewhere in the bay area and some went as far as Hawaii to get flight instructor jobs I heard they are doing pretty good there. Some FBO’s require little or no time as an instructor and others require at least a CFI-I and 500 hours instruction given. But at least they are still hiring.

Latest resources

Back