Is the sun setting at GLA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last edited:
i posted on another thread that there was rumor that some skywest people were up in cys checking out the ops building and hangers.....could be interesting.....

Why would SW want to inherit that place and all its debt and problems? Other than using that hangar in cys as an emb maint base, I can't see any reason SW would even hint at being interested. Not only that, but SW is phasing out their emb's I thnk they sent one or two to Lakes a while back, why would they want those piece's of crap back?? I think that statement is wishful thinking!!!

flythere said:
Take a look at this link, was this airplane once a GLA airplane, maybe 2 or 3 months ago?? There appears to be a couple more as well!!!

Yep, 94 and 118 were both Lakes airplanes.

This new "less is more" fleet planning concept is thus far quite the rodeo. MCK and GRI were both bid as nonstop EAS service. In July MCK was cancelled and instead flagstopped the GRI flight 31 times. In August so far they've had to flagstop it 16 times. And they're money hungry to the point that even though they promised the GRI passengers nonstop service on the ticket, dispatch will make you stop in MCK even if you don't have any passengers. (This is understood when it's scheduled, but when you're delaying pax that paid to be at their destination at such 'n such time?)

Better yet a Brasilia shat an engine, and it can't be replaced for a month. A month? I'm thinking that if Skywest had a birdstrike today, they'd have a new engine hung within 24 hours. Anyway, the Beech and it's crews has thus inherited one entire E120's month of flying. Yippee.

"At June 30, 2005, the Company was in arrears on its aircraft rental obligations under the two Boeing aircraft leases in the aggregate amount of $6.7 million."

"The Company has an Amended Note payable to CIT Group for the financing of three of the Company’s Embraer Brasilia aircraft. During the first six months of 2005, the Company made payments of principal and interest onthe Amended Note in the amount of $0.2 million. As of June 30, 2005, the Company was in arrears on payments of principal dueunder the terms of the Amended Note in the amount of $0.9 million.""

If I read that financial posting right, it sounds as though Boeing Credit is about to repo those two emb-120' that they owe more than 6 mil in in payments on!?! Heck, you could buy two used emb-120's outright for that amount of cash!!!

As far as the 5 1900's that are being returned, Rayethon found a buyer in Africa (I think) that wanted to buy them and was able to make a deal with us to get rid of them with no penalty. I think they droped all the debt (including past debt) that we owed on them except maybe the intrest. Lakes is trying to get more efficient and streamlined. Unfortunatly with the EMB braking down, and not having any extra, all that flying has gone to the Beech. Also with the incident in GJT and a Frontier baggage cart running into one of our parked aircraft, operations have been pretty rough recently.

Latest resources

Back