• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is the sun setting at GLA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be interesting to hear more about the EMB.

I remember hearing about the 1900 in GJT, that just plain sucked, over the door latching.

canadflyau said:
Is this the best timing for a fare sale? (especially with costs of $.26 per ASM)
http://www.greatlakesav.com/html/fall_fare_sale.html

Anyone on the property care to share what they are telling you?

what they are telling us... good one.

the emb engine started to vibrate on the taxi in, so the crew wrote it up. Maintenance ran it and shut it down. They were turning it by hand when it seized.

BarbrPole2theOMAs far as the 5 1900's that are being returned, Rayethon found a buyer in Africa (I think) that wanted to buy them and was able to make a deal with us to get rid of them with no penalty.

It looks to me that Raytheon has those two birds up for sale here in the states!?!

flying4food said:
It looks to me that Raytheon has those two birds up for sale here in the states!?!

If you look at the contact information for the aircraft, it is National Airways Corp (NAC). Here is a link to their website. They are an aircraft sales company in South Africa. They must have felt like there was a demand for the aircraft there or they had clients that wanted some. It looks like they contract out their aircraft.

http://www.nac.co.za/about.asp

Heyas,

Any of you ex-lakers from the 92-93 era? The big HUB in MSP?

I worked for GP Express...where, sadly enough, we all looked UP to Great Lakes.

You know you work for a rinky dink outfit flying to nowhere when you go through security AFTER you get to the hub.

There was a tunnel at MSP that connected the old gate 89 area to the rest of the terminal. It was made from plywood and painted an obnoxious color of blue.

Anyway, it had zero insulation, but it did have two enormous space heaters on either end. As you walked through this plywood fire hazard in the winter time, the temperature would go from about 150 degrees, to around -20 (the ambient outside), and back to 150 degrees.

OTOH, the benefit of being based in East Butthole, Minnesota is that you could park your car literally steps from your airplane, and chances are it had a working outlet, too.

Heh, fun times indeed...

Nu

Anyone over at GLA who knows Fredde from N'awlins tell him I still have a spot over here for him.

Best of Luck to everyone,
PSACPSP

Ah yes, 94 and 118. If I remember correctly, 94 was our first D model. That thing was sooo worn out. Just a close formation of 1900 parts

118 almost became a lawn dart in ISN when the elevator trim tab cable broke in the descent at 240kts. The crew had to do an ILS into ISN with both their feet on the panel pulling as hard as they could. It was brand new back then. They found that a beech employee had installed the cable improperly when it was built.

Latest resources

Back