Is the sale of ASA imminent?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
scarlet said:
Why not fly a 70 seater on every route AIRTRAN flies, even point to point stuff, and at the same time, at the same airports, and advertise we will match Airtran fares everywhere they go, and do it with a 70 seater. Kind like Circuirt city does, we will beat the compettion prices...not ever been done before in air travel, a guarantee to beat them, the 70 seater is cheaper to operate than the 717...WE would eat away at them real quick.....

you are kidding yourself if you think a 70 seat RJ is cheaper to operate than a 717 flown by AirTran. A 70 seater is a whole lot cheaper than a 50 seater, but not that cheap.

General Lee said:
Ok, what? Yeah, I would love everyone to get displaced at least once in their lives........Huh? I am trying to figure out (this is an opinion board as well as a job board) what is happening with DCI, and I believe SkyWest is interested again in ASA because Mesa is now in the picture and can, if needed, fill in some gaps if SkyWest's management gets our's angry. I am not in any negotiations, and everything I write is my opinion. If you choose to get your wad all tied up in my opinions, then too bad. When I find written articles that support my opinions, then I post them. It is that simple. I also ask questions to people who may know things, and I post the answers also. If you can't handle it, I would put me on the ignore list. That is fine with me. Could Mesa put the do-jets in SLC and fly them to mountain airports? You bet. Are they considering it? Probably if they haven't found another buyer for the planes. You never know. But, we do know that Mesa now owns them. And, as far as buying DL, go ahead, and take some major debt along with you. And, if you do get bumped out of SLC someday by Mesa, you airline may have a hard time paying for your bills too.......

Bye Bye--General Lee
GT,
As usual you are spouting half possible opinions. If mesa comes to SLC where they gonna park? At the SKYW "Y"? I do not think so, in fact I would bet UAL would put the dislpaced CRJ's on parallel routings and compete side by side with mesa. The only other place to operate those Dork-jets would be at the mainline DAL gates, where your planes park. But what the hey you are gonna get yours no matter what. Enjoy that 777!
PBR

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back