• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is the luggage works 737 bag worth it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm on my 2nd LW bag in 7 years, first one made it just over 4.

My LW 'pretty neat stuff' bag is going on 13 years and the only thing that has been an issue lately is that the main zipper has detached itself from the top and bottom corners. I can still use it, but have to be careful as to how I close it up. When TSA does the 'random check' thing when I have to check the bag, they unravel the zipper a bit more each time.

The long side-pocket zipper blew out after the first couple years. The short and medium on the other side still work. The lower front panel zipper blew out quite a while ago, too. For several years at OH, we had to put our bags in these vinyl duffels and they got tossed around the bag bin on the CRJ. Luckily, mine survived much better than others'. No bowed sides and such.

All's I've done to it over the years is replace a few loose screws with either stainless rivets, or stainless screws. I'm only on my 2nd set of wheels, too. The 'bag man' at DTW at the uniform shop is good at servicing these babies.

I did mod the back of the frame with HDPE (cutting board type material) skids that allow me to drag the bag up curbs, stairs, etc. without scraping the metal frame...glides real nice up the obstructions now!

I'll probably send it in for a rebuild, only because of that darned main zipper problem. Otherwise I'd say it's good for another decade! It'll be in 'light duty' mode now that I'm at G4.

Just came to the 73 and got the $99 Kirkland Costco bag. Very light weight and if it gets damaged I think it is still free replacement.

Fits fine in cockpit but I do have a problem on some bins getting it to fit in wheels first unless I turn it side ways which is a pain when commuting and you are last on trying to find a space with everyone staring at you like a you are some type of mythical animal. Makes me never want to be a zoo animal.

Do zoos keep airline pilot wood peckers?

Latest resources

Back