• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is the luggage works 737 bag worth it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jesus, did you drop your bag from a cliff, or throw it from your car at 90 MPH?? I've had mine almost 3 years, aside from a few dings, it's still holding up pretty good! I've had to tighten one screw for the handle!

Nope, just gate-checked it regularly for a couple of years; that's all it took. Baggage handlers absolutely hate them because they're heavy, so they let them drop to the ground a lot. Impact plus cast metal is not a good combo.

Had a rebuild done. New material is ballistic that doesn't tear. Pre refurb screws tended to become lose. New ones don't. Worth the $150. The 150 basically gets you a new bag.

Had a rebuild done. New material is ballistic that doesn't tear. Pre refurb screws tended to become lose. New ones don't. Worth the $150. The 150 basically gets you a new bag.
Is there a point of contact to schedule /do the refurb?

True. I think the guidance is that if you want the side pockets, you have to get the 737 (narrower) bag so they fit. If you don't need the side pockets you can get the standard bag.

I've had mine for nine years and other that being torn all to h3ll, it's still functional. Second set of wheels (roller blade wheels). Zipper a little sticky in places.

When I bought it, it was a no brainer, as nothing else really compared. Now though, it seems there's lots of compelling competition out there. NOT a foregone conclusion that I'd buy another one....

Will any roller blade wheels work?

I have the standard size with pockets (ten years and still going strong). When I was on the 737 (300/400) it fit in the "hole" but you couldn't have anything in the side pockets.

Why the negative review on strongbags?
They look better IMO - my 2nd LW is great after 2 years-
First one got tore up by the 73 (side pocket standard from previous world, so it just looked ragged and I opted to just replace it

But asking because I ordered a strong bag and a mix up was shipped a LW and I just kept it- not a good bag??

Nope, just gate-checked it regularly for a couple of years; that's all it took. Baggage handlers absolutely hate them because they're heavy, so they let them drop to the ground a lot. Impact plus cast metal is not a good combo.

Ah, must be Menzies,, Bummer!!!!

Just my 2c for a 737 bag. Get something without the sidepocket, mine broke after 2 weeks. I constantly snags behind something. I have the LW 737 model. As far as durability. Do you really need it to last 10 years or more? Ever see what a 10 yo bag looks like? Do you wear 10 yo shoes too? Next time I will go with something that weighs less.

Latest resources

Back