Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Skywest REALLY hiring people @ 1000/100?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

suswims

I am getting close to 1000/100 mins. My first choice is definitly Skywest. I am just not sure if realistically I need to go to another regional first or if I should chance it and stay at my current CFI job for another couple months until I get to the mins. If the chances are few and far between that they are actually hiring at the their mins, then I dont want to wait anymore time at my current cfi job and will go to another regional for a yearl. What are your opinions? please any input is helpful!!!

Last edited:
Um yes, their mins are 1000/100, why would you go to two different regionals? Choose one, get your time and get out.

Yeah it sounds maybe a little weird, but things are getting pretty hairy with the flight school I am at. I am getting really anxious to get out, and even thinking about buying the rest of my time(40 multi) to get out. I am not sure if I can wait another 3? 6? 10 months? to try for my first choice, who seem very choosy about who they hire.

If you're close to 1000tt, don't waste your time going someplace you don't want to be. Once you get the mins, go to a SkyWest group interview. If you do that, your chances are good unless you f it up....

I was hired with 1014tt.

Yeah it sounds maybe a little weird, but things are getting pretty hairy with the flight school I am at. I am getting really anxious to get out, and even thinking about buying the rest of my time(40 multi) to get out. I am not sure if I can wait another 3? 6? 10 months? to try for my first choice, who seem very choosy about who they hire.

You will need the 100 ME, and if that is going to take an indefinite period of time to acquire, you might want buy a block and get on with things.

How much of that was multi marine grunt?
About 600me, 500 turbine, BE400 and B707 type - so for a guy with 1000tt, I had a lot going for me. Plus, I was already employed at SkyWest as a ramper. But all that aside, there are guys that get in right at 1000. Once you get there, go interview. If you don't get it, go somewhere else and try again in 6 months.

When I went through the hiring process, it seemed that EVERYONE that went to the group interview and met the mins got offered a full interview. Once you get there, as long as you know your stuff and don't bust anything, your chances are very good of getting hired.

Latest resources

Back