Is Santulli Out at NetJets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

holden1

Just heard a rumor that Rich Santulli is out at NetJets and some Insurance gent is taking over. Anybody hear anything?

AC

I heard through the grapevine he resigned as CEO but will stay on as a consultant for 1 year.

Shocking but I guess Warren was going to sit idle and watch the losses mount. It reads like all the other CEO stepping down press releases. He will always be an icon in the fractional industry. All of the companies were born out of his great idea. We all owe him

Well, maybe he put in for the early-out package to pitch-in too in this difficult time...
Just kidding, trying to actually find a way to laugh now that I can breathe again :eek:

Prediciton: Someone is coming to slash and burn costs in an effort to find profitability.

Then again, Berkshire Hathaway didn't get to where it is by making a bunch a knee jerk reactions. Then again, BH didn't get to where they are by losing a bunch of money either. This will be very interesting. I honestly have no idea which way the wind will blow.

Fly Safe,
GP

As everyone here can image, about 1,000 theories on what is going on have come up within the NetJets pilot community today. I am still shellshocked at the announcement myself. All I can say is I am glad that I have a Strong Union to help protect me in these uncertain times.

Hopefully after the dust settles this change will work out well for the pilot group, but as everyone else in the aviation industry knows by now, hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Shocking but I guess Warren was going to sit idle and watch the losses mount. It reads like all the other CEO stepping down press releases. He will always be an icon in the fractional industry. All of the companies were born out of his great idea. We all owe him

Well said Haz. We all owe a debt of gratitude.

Prediciton: Someone is coming to slash and burn costs in an effort to find profitability.

I don't know how they're going to save $$$$. In order to return to profitability they need to start selling new aircraft again.

I don't know how they're going to furlough anyone...I've been flying my butt off!

It would be interesting to see how much of NJAs losses were write-downs of aircraft. Over the last quarter I can see some operational losses, but not this quarter.

Maybe I'm just trying to stay positive because I'm at the bottom of the seniority list.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back