• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Pinniacle Next?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I seriously doubt that. Yes it will be rough for the pilot group but not for management. They have mentioned NO hiring for 2010. Management knows that there will be plenty of people willing to pick up open time and work on their days off. How would you call that management incompetence? I would say they are smart and they know exactly what they are doing. If you owned an airline, would you hire and spend $$$ or would you save huge by working the reserves. In a way, I am glad that I don't work for any regionals any more. Been there done that and trust me its only fun for the first 3 months.
It's Pinnacle, that's how it works. We won't hire until the fines start. At one time, we were paying NWA a tune of $1.4 MILLION per QUARTER for flights cxl'ing due to pilot shortage. Once the fines start, then they will run classes.

Tell that to the 140 furloughed, the downgraded Captains, all the former line holders now stuck on reserve and all the pilots unwillingly displaced to IAD! Things are peachy!

But when I get recalled, I'll be coming back to a Super Regional Airline!

And the Pinnacle pilots can look forward to another summer beat down with no end in sight.

Management has played the union and NMB like a violin, mean while the union starts shifting gears again by firing a NC member. Can it get any worse for these guys?

The tunnel is pretty dark at this point. Over 5yrs and counting.......

And the Pinnacle pilots can look forward to another summer beat down with no end in sight.

Management has played the union and NMB like a violin, mean while the union starts shifting gears again by firing a NC member. Can it get any worse for these guys?

The tunnel is pretty dark at this point. Over 5yrs and counting.......

Agreed. We have been soundly defeated again.

It's Pinnacle, that's how it works. We won't hire until the fines start. At one time, we were paying NWA a tune of $1.4 MILLION per QUARTER for flights cxl'ing due to pilot shortage. Once the fines start, then they will run classes.

That's true. It's getting very old. Mesaba is covering flight after flight after flight. I've personally been called in to work at least 2 Pinnacle flights they couldn't staff. It's time for hiring over there....Delta isn't going to put up with this much longer.

That's true. It's getting very old. Mesaba is covering flight after flight after flight. I've personally been called in to work at least 2 Pinnacle flights they couldn't staff. It's time for hiring over there....Delta isn't going to put up with this much longer.

Sort of like how Mesaba will be Delta's new "Premier Regional Airline"?

And "Pinnacle isn't painting any of their airplanes".

You are never right.

Latest resources

Back