Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Pinnacle still hiring street captains?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They also fail 75 percent of the Capain's upgrades.
No, that's only for your fellow GoJet pilots. They're good at weeding you out.

If you live in base, I think it's good. Reserve was great for me, living in base at Pinnacle. It didn't matter to me if they used/flew me or not. If I did, great; if not, great, I was at home anyway.

My moral of the story is come to Pinnacle if you live in base.

6-7 months of F.O "pay" is to be expected. They were paying $400 a week till you pass checkride. Then you take paycut to F.O pay. If you have the time, bid for CA right away, you may get it on the first vacancy, you may not. The 100 hours has been soft for guys with previous CRJ time.

Plan on 2 mos for initial, 2 weeks for F.O IOE, 1.5 mos. on the line, 1 month for upgrade, 1 month for CA IOE, then you get CA Pay.

Reserve anywhere sucks. I did it for 3 years at PCL.

PCL reserve is especially egregious because of the airport appreciation reserve (airport ready reserve) up to 9 hours long EVERY DAY, supposedly sit in the footprint of the crew area (although I never did unless I was watching a movie or surfing the internet anyway), and 15 minute get-to-your-airplane callouts (even though the contract didn't provide for anything that fast).

If I'd have lived in base or they'd only done it on the 1st and last day (like when I started there), would have been a SOMEWHAT different story, as I only flew about 12 days a month, and home most nights would be nice, but it's pretty bad.

Look for reserve times to creep upward again as major airline hiring stops, growth isn't what it was when I was there, and F/O's will start getting the time again, upgrade ahead of you, and you'll fester at the bottom of the CA list.

Just a reality check. If you need a job that bad, it's livable if you move to your domicile. Personally, I'm only getting 9 days off a month, just like I would be if I'd come back to PCL, making $70k a year, picking my own hotels, and having a blast flying a Lear around the World (we do a lot of international flying, it's fun).

If anyone furloughed (permanently or tempo - sun country) has a Lear or Falcon type, PM me for info on flying for Kalitta. Might not be the best gig in the world, but it's better than PCL (IMHO).

Skybus pilots need not bother.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's changed now, but the company wasn't using ready reserve when I left. In fact, they hadn't been using it in a while. Any PCL guys know whether it's made a return?

Not a lot of ready rsv. Its there, but usually only for short durations, 4 hrs at night. I know guys that commute use it to their advantage. They ask for RR on their first day of rsv so they dont have to commute in till the afternoon. Then use AM Rsv on the last day so they can commute home.

Ready Reserve was around last summer. I think it was mostly PM RR though, to cover the highspeeders.

Latest resources

Back