Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Pinnacle still hiring street captains?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Freight Dog

I keep seeing how they advertising for the fastest upgrade. Is that still the case? Also, is there a training contract?

Yes, I saw all those "Friends don't let friends fly for PCL" messages, etc. I'm just trying to develop a picture. Reality of unemployment is starting to set in.

It's a fast track to captain, not street captain.

Difference being thousands of dollars when you get the first year FO pay during training and the first 100 hours flying, then CA training until completion of IOE months later.

Pinnacle is shaky to boot. I'd suggest peeking overseas if I were in your shoes. Best of luck regardless.

It's a fast track to captain, not street captain.

Difference being thousands of dollars when you get the first year FO pay during training and the first 100 hours flying, then CA training until completion of IOE months later.

Pinnacle is shaky to boot. I'd suggest peeking overseas if I were in your shoes. Best of luck regardless.

Whoa now.....who said anything about getting paid while in training?

Whoa now.....who said anything about getting paid while in training?

Yeah no kidding.

Seriously, You will get FO pay for a minimum of about 6 months from when you start before captain pay would begin. You will be on reserve forever with the worst reserve rules this side of mesa. Plus only ten days off a month.

Most of us are actually wondering if this place will be around much longer. This management is actually trying to drive this place off a cliff. It is the ONE thing they are good at.

If you have no other options, maybe. I know you are coming from a tough situtation.

Mesaba has very fast upgrades right now as well. Far better company. They will prolly weather this storm better also.

They also fail 75 percent of the Capain's upgrades....that includes guys that have been flying at Pinnacle for several years.

I was told if you come here and you bust your upgrade inside a year that you will be let go because you are still on probation.

That is enough to keep me away.

I keep seeing how they advertising for the fastest upgrade. Is that still the case? Also, is there a training contract?

Yes, I saw all those "Friends don't let friends fly for PCL" messages, etc. I'm just trying to develop a picture. Reality of unemployment is starting to set in.

Come over to Mesaba! F------ PINNACLE!

They also fail 75 percent of the Capain's upgrades....that includes guys that have been flying at Pinnacle for several years.

Unless something has change in the last 3 months 75% fail is not correct. I was in upgrade Dec-Jan. Everyone in my class and the class ahead and behind mine has a 100% pass rate.

Latest resources

Back