• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Pinnacle really switching to LIDO?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Eagle uses LIDO to upate the FMS in our CRJ-700s. Schoolhouse has found quite a few more errors than they used to. Oh well. We just double check the routing against the trusty paper Jepps.

Lufthansa guys hate Lido.. It surrreeee is perrrty though..

I've used both and can undoubtedly say that Jepps are easier to read and understand.

I once was given a holding clearance (hold as published) less than five miles from the fix while on a STAR. Couldn't find the hold on the LIDO chart. Asked ATC for the inbound radial. He responded, "It's on the chart". Luckily, I had kept some of the heavier used Jepp charts for my home airport and pulled out the arrival chart, quickly found the correct hold and typed away. By the way...the hold was actually on the LIDO chart, but in an obscure corner in a bubble window not even near the fix on the chart.

I also don't fully understand why in the world LIDO arrival charts show colored contours of terrain when the lowest altitude on the arrival (LENDY arrival to JFK, for example) is some 18,000' above any terrain in the area. The useless colored contours just get in the way and camoflauge (spelling?) important information.

I, for one, am very happy we switched back to Jeppesen. It was becoming a safety issue.

GP

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back