Is Pinnacle really switching to LIDO?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. Um, why?

Because it's Pinnacle. It doesn't have to make sense as long as they can trip over a dollar to save a penny.

LIDO is a mess, and the Pinnacle checkairmen I've talked to are expecting a dramatic rise in pilot deviations as a result of this change. The training is completely deficient, in normal Pinnacle tradition, and the charts are just poorly formated and confusing. The checkairmen are expecting missed crossing restrictions, wrong turns, etc... Should be interesting.

Because it's Pinnacle. It doesn't have to make sense as long as they can trip over a dollar to save a penny.

LIDO is a mess, and the Pinnacle checkairmen I've talked to are expecting a dramatic rise in pilot deviations as a result of this change. The training is completely deficient, in normal Pinnacle tradition, and the charts are just poorly formated and confusing. The checkairmen are expecting missed crossing restrictions, wrong turns, etc... Should be interesting.

Your pissing and moaning about Pinnacle gets old, PCL, especially since you don't work here anymore.

Let us go and worry about your job at Citrus.

Good luck to you, sir.

Good luck boys and girls. LIDO sucks. There are lots of pretty colors and stuff... but good luck trying to find all those crossing restrictions. Its a friggin Easter Egg hunt every time you do an arrival.

Oh... and you thought you hated doing JEP revisions? I was happy to do my Jepps after working with LIDO. The LIDO process is just plain a pain in the backside.

Good luck and make sure to get a fresh stack of ASAP reports!

1. They're saving about $15,000/month by switching from Jepp to Lido and apparently Lido is better for the electronic flight kit. (which we may be getting later down the road)

2. November - Captains will have LIDO / FO's have Jepp

3. Jan 2008 - Both captain and FO will have LIDO (bye bye Jepps for good)

4. Yes, there is a training course and short test on the employee website and we get some cash for doing it.

By the way, I thought you worked for Pinnacle?

How much cash, what kind of training, how many hours is the training?

Didnt I hear a while back, that at least for the LIDO flight planning system, it took UPS something like 2 or so years to finally integrate it into their system?

UAL also looked at LIDO when they were evaluating changing over from their antiquated dispatch system (Unimatic) - and they decided against it, and went with another system.

Yeah, Good Luck PCL!

Pinnacle needed a new dispatch software system for the Delta Connection operation. When they were shopping for the software LIDO sweetened the deal by offering to throw in paper charts for free, the idea being that eventually Pinnacle would move to EFB. I seriously doubt Pinnacle will move to EFB until LIDO makes the paper charts more expensive then EFB.

When people talk about EFB at Pinnacle just because we are getting Lido, it makes me laugh.

It doesn't take very long to realize that management ONLY cares about the bottom line.

Now I ask you, do you really think they will every buy EFB?

Like PD says...only when the paper cost more. How many years will that be?

Your pissing and moaning about Pinnacle gets old, PCL, especially since you don't work here anymore.

Not to me it doesn't. PCL128 knows more about whats wrong with 9E than most pilots that work there ever will.

Pinnacle is a crap company, and people considering coming here deserve to know what they are getting into.

Turbo

I find all the complaining about LIDO interesting. All the FedEx guys I've talked to love it. Also when LH came in to do the initial training, the only person I talked to that didn't like the charts isn't a check airman and he's now leaving the company (may already be gone)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back