• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Pinnacle Ramping Up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My company and I have not been backed into that corner yet. My point exactly.

thankfully. Comair was and did not "blink" (the first time anyway)? neither did Mesaba way back (the first time around...2000ish I think). I was there for ten years. Bankruptcy, two furloughs(not me thank god) a three year contract and back when NWA struck and we sat. We got our butts kicked but did ok. Thank god our scope held or we would have been goners. But I would never say we didn't blink. And you say this about Mesaba's fight when tons of DCI carriers were calling them every name in the book when they were getting (someone else's 900's) but now there are solid. Funny.
DALPA however, has been in the corner twice in the recent past and more further back and they not only "blinked" they bent over and backed up for it.
Maybe the addition of the NWA guys will add enough backbone that it won't happen again...but I doubt it.
Please o'great ones, please take back all the jet flying. I wish you would. Really I do. I have many friends who still think the "mainline" life is the be all end all of our existance....little do they know.....I want them to have a chance to get to the "big time" if thats what they really want.

That being said; I've said it years ago and many times over the years....mainline is going to eventually fly 100+ airplanes and regionals are going to fly everything below 100. You don't have to believe it or like it. Just don't forget I told you so.

Until and unless DALPA brings all the jet flying to mainline and KEEPS it there, the downward pressure from new startups and sleezballs is going to continue to keep the job depressed. They had the chance back in '00-'01ish (whenever the talk was going on) and F'd it up because some of our guys and a lot of mainline guys were being idiots....well, for the good of us all, someone had better put their egos aside and do the smart thing and get it all under one roof.

Gibberish

Pcl's been talking about this 142 school for so long I'm surprised it's a shock to anyone. It's been in the works for something like 2 yrs now.

It's proactive to get it started now. Maybe a little early, but there will be another huge shortage of pilots in 5 years or so. The amount of retirees starting 2013 through 2022 is staggering.

Latest resources

Back