• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Pinnacle Ramping Up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you guys serious? Pinnacle is starting a Mesa pilot development type program? During these times? How come nobody has brought this up?

Oh and this from a good source from a owned regional at delta- that by 2012 delta will try to get rid of 120 crj 200s.

You are correct- they can't park the 50 seaters fast enough... the contracts that are in place are what is keeping them around.

Last edited:
well if contracts are what it requires to keep 200's around, the owned airlines are in for a wakeup call. Looks like times will be getting even worse for Comair and Mesaba.

nice rumor. maybe Seven can come up with a better one. unless this was a joke, i would say before you open your mouth, check your sources or put a disclaimer that you are guessing. Delta does have the old NWA options with Bombardier but i beleive their pilots scope is involved blocking more bigger regionals. Oh and this from a good source from a owned regional at delta- that by 2012 delta will try to get rid of 120 crj 200s. bad news for us all.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention everything points to the remaining 39 Saabs being gone by 2012 as well.

Where would they get them from? There is NO more room for ANY new 76 seat planes. If Pinnacle IS getting more 900's then sombody else is having them taken away.
there will be additional room for 76+ seaters when DALPA trades scope cap for fewer furloughs and Delta pulls ShuttleAmericas E175's.
ASA/Skywest will get additional 900's in another 2 for 1 swap and mesaba will get additonal 900's in exchange for Saab's. Pinnacle...not so much (Delta will begin to distance themselves from third and fourth tear regionals due to "safety concerns"). Freedom will be completely out soon enough anyway. I do have a bad feeling about Comairs future and thats too bad (shows what happens to those who have balls enough to hold the line and don't get support from mainline who don't have balls themselves).

Watch the press for the next few months on the RAH/Delta flying.
I wonder if there will be some openings for some other regional carriers to do some 170 type flying without adding to the total 70/76 limits?
Shuttle America guys, do you have any west coast bases yet?
Frontier link shutting down?
Hmmmmmmm.

there will be additional room for 76+ seaters when DALPA trades scope cap for fewer furloughs and Delta pulls ShuttleAmericas E175's.
ASA/Skywest will get additional 900's in another 2 for 1 swap and mesaba will get additonal 900's in exchange for Saab's. Pinnacle...not so much (Delta will begin to distance themselves from third and fourth tear regionals due to "safety concerns"). Freedom will be completely out soon enough anyway. I do have a bad feeling about Comairs future and thats too bad (shows what happens to those who have balls enough to hold the line and don't get support from mainline who don't have balls themselves).[/QUOTE]

Let me guess....you have them and all the mainline pilots don't. Well that's good. I'll make sure we revisit your past and future contract performance and bk hearings to see how it should be done. Since you obviously have outperformed us in similar challenges..

there will be additional room for 76+ seater's when DALPA trades scope cap for fewer furloughs and Delta pulls ShuttleAmericas E175's.
ASA/Skywest will get additional 900's in another 2 for 1 swap and mesaba will get additional 900's in exchange for Saab's. Pinnacle...not so much (Delta will begin to distance themselves from third and fourth tear regionals due to "safety concerns"). Freedom will be completely out soon enough anyway. I do have a bad feeling about Comairs future and thats too bad (shows what happens to those who have balls enough to hold the line and don't get support from mainline who don't have balls themselves).[/QUOTE]

Let me guess....you have them and all the mainline pilots don't. Well that's good. I'll make sure we revisit your past and future contract performance and bk hearings to see how it should be done. Since you obviously have outperformed us in similar challenges..
My company and I have not been backed into that corner yet. thankfully. Comair was and did not "blink" (the first time anyway) neither did Mesaba way back (the first time around...2000ish I think).
DALPA however, has been in the corner twice in the recent past and more further back and they not only "blinked" they bent over and backed up for it.
Maybe the addition of the NWA guys will add enough backbone that it won't happen again...but I doubt it.
Please o'great ones, please take back all the jet flying. I wish you would. Really I do. I have many friends who still think the "mainline" life is the be all end all of our existance....little do they know.....I want them to have a chance to get to the "big time" if thats what they really want.

That being said; I've said it years ago and many times over the years....mainline is going to eventually fly 100+ airplanes and regionals are going to fly everything below 100. You don't have to believe it or like it. Just don't forget I told you so.

Until and unless DALPA brings all the jet flying to mainline and KEEPS it there, the downward pressure from new startups and sleezballs is going to continue to keep the job depressed. They had the chance back in '00-'01ish (whenever the talk was going on) and F'd it up because some of our guys and a lot of mainline guys were being idiots....well, for the good of us all, someone had better put their egos aside and do the smart thing and get it all under one roof.

How would losing 120 CRJ200's be bad? That would be the best thing Delta has done in a long time.

Let me see a$$.........

It would be bad for all of the people that feed their children and provide shelter to their families with paychecks earned by flying said 50 seat aircraft. Why don't you quit thinking of yourself. If all the 50 seaters go away, only a couple thousand pilots will be on unemployment and probably lose their homes......

Thanks for asking!

Latest resources

Back