Is NetJets a career place?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
as214 said:
Stop with the name calling playboy. You obviously have no sense of that reality that you are spouting off about. FedEx and UPS now those are good contracts. Those are careers, Netjets is a job. Let me guess you either worked for a regional or you were furloughed from a major airline. Why do Major airline pilots not voluntarily leave their companies for NJA unless they are furloughed? I've seen many leave NJA for airlines though. Tell yourself whatever makes you feel good and allows you to sleep well at night.

Dude, didn't you say you work for AWA? which is actually US Airways and there stock symbol is LCC. Which stands for Low Cost Carrier. Those new 90 seat pay rates are getting me all excited on the inside.

Hawker dude said:
Sorry dude, I just saw that you were agreeing with ass214. so I assumed you were with him.

Another bad assumption just like you assumed you were making a fair wage. It's that ho mentality that has supressed wages in this industry. You deserve at least 200K a year for the job you do. Dont lowball the industry. Here's a dollar hawker dudette go buy some self-worth!!

Hawker dude said:
Dude, didn't you say you work for AWA? which is actually US Airways and there stock symbol is LCC. Which stands for Low Cost Carrier. Those new 90 seat pay rates are getting me all excited on the inside.

Another moronic assumption I never said I work for AWA can you provide a link. Now I know why you're satisfied with your wage.

as214 said:
Stop with the name calling playboy. You obviously have no sense of that reality that you are spouting off about. FedEx and UPS now those are good contracts. Those are careers, Netjets is a job. Let me guess you either worked for a regional or you were furloughed from a major airline. Why do Major airline pilots not voluntarily leave their companies for NJA unless they are furloughed? I've seen many leave NJA for airlines though. Tell yourself whatever makes you feel good and allows you to sleep well at night.

Major airline pilots do leave for NJA. I have flown with at least 5 Delta guys under the age of 48 who punched out. Flew with another 18 year USAIR F/O(48 yrs old)last week. Yes they do leave. Your statement above is pure BS. Get your facts before you talk trash.

Hawker dude said:
Sorry dude, I just saw that you were agreeing with ass214. so I assumed you were with him.
So much is lost in the written word. I guess my little roll eyes guy didn't do the job.
I was making jest of him calling the kettle black.

Hawker dude said:

guess that was xrated. you were the one that had that really impressive math formula for duty time.

Mach92 said:
Major airline pilots do leave for NJA. I have flown with at least 5 Delta guys under the age of 48 who punched out. Flew with another 18 year USAIR F/O(48 yrs old)last week. Yes they do leave. Your statement above is pure BS. Get your facts before you talk trash.

Both of those above mentioned companies arent even hiring now. Amongst the airlines that are expanding and growin with perceived stability I see no one leaving them to come to NJA, however, I spoke to 3 NJA just the past week who collected their retro and are leaving for UPS, SWA, and Jetblue.

as214.....NetJets is somewhere between the Regionals and most of the Majors. Many people is this world can live quite comfortably in this realm.

What are you trying to prove with these posts? NetJets will never be a United, Delta or American airlines but most people have a better chance getting hired here then at those places so for them, and I include myself in that proud group, this is a career. And there certainly isn't anything wrong with it.

I certainly would leave here to go to some other 121 scheduled carriers and that includes SWA. And I have no apps out with anyone else.

Every pilot has to make their choice...some choices are more limited than other...This isn't for everyone, but for those who are cut out for it, its not a bad way to go.

Do82 you're exactly right this job is not for everyone. It is all depends on what you want out of it. For me it's not having to commute, to have the summer off and get to use my noggin out on the road. I love the fact that I have a credit card, and the company stays off my back pretty much the whole tour. Just page in the times and you're done.

I have seen better crew food being served to the homeless but well stepping over millions to save a penny. It will end up biting them in the arse.

Do i have my stuff in with Fedex or UPS nope. I'll ride the ride and see where it takes me.

Like i said you are really asking two questions.

Oh and yes drinking before noon is very good. It's St. Patty's week remember!

Latest resources

Back