Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
as214 said:
gunfyter said:
I don't know this H25B fella but the only unbearable blow that I've ever taken is when the most accomplished team in sports history lost a 3-0 lead in the A.L.C.S. to those thugs in Boston.
I know it really killed me too. Took mucho crap from Red Sux fans. I hear SAT might be getting a baseball team... will partner with the SPURS (Winningest franchise in professional sports over last 8 yrs.).

Is NetJets a career place?

Looking at aviation as a whole and weighing the alternative choices available, yes, it is. Or, at least, it's one of the best resting places around until you find a better one.:)

as214 said:
Career= Stock options(see Jblu). discounted stock purchase program(swa), retirement not just 401K(see FedEx/UPS) and ability to make over 200K(The benchmark for what 100K was 10 years ago). And yes this is broad based throughout the aviation industry ,there are very few career positions in aviation anymore most are just jobs.

Yeah, stock options are great!! Especially at places like UAL!! oops.. UAL stock is WORTHLESS now.

"Retirement." You mean pension?? Like the majors?? Hmm, let's talk to the pilots from UAL or DAL or NWA or USair and see how secure they are in their pensions. If you've been paying attention at all you'd know that pensions are NOT the way to go. As a matter of fact, NJA has the best 401k package I've seen at ANY company. NJA matches 50% of the first 15% of a pilot's pay. There is also a small retirment stipend depending on service years upon retirement. Could there be more? Yes. But I'll take definate money instead of promised money any day.

Ability to make over $200K?? At NJA, a 10 year pilot in the BBJ program makes a BASE pay of $229,850. With per diem, OT, extended days etc, we're around $250K. Granted that there won't be many in that position but you said "ability to make."

Discounted stock purchase program?? Are you serious?? This is one of your criteria for a "career??" Hell, Home Depot cashiers can buy stock at a discount. Do you consider that a "career?"

I think that you should reevaluate your position. You're living in the past.

Last edited:
NJACMH said:
For pilots at NJA, it's just a job.

I have yet to see or meet a Professional Pilot !

This is about all the proof anyone needs that this person doesn't know his/her ass from a hole in the ground.

I have flown with more pilots than you have "met". Many are respected, life-long former airline pilots that have forgotten more about aviation than you will ever know. They have commented many many times that the pilots here at NJA are some of the best and most professional that they have worked with.

Would you like to take a guess at how they think some of the folks upstairs at CMH compare with those at the majors?

You're opinions now have zero merit or credibility. Not that they ever did.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Last edited:
NJACMH said:
For pilots at NJA, it's just a job.

I have yet to see or meet a Professional Pilot !
Yeah thats right. I am getting a little carried away with a 25 year hobby....

True, You will never be able to do what I can do... and what I have done. But your job is important too. No need to be envious.

Last edited:
People shouldn't think that NJACMH is a representation of the people upstairs at CMH. For all we know it's another pilot just stirring the pot. Just like any pilot group 99 percent of the people are good people doing a great job. Any group has the 1 percent that you just want to push off a cliff.

I still think NJACMH is just a flame starter. Too bad because they give the people upstairs a bad name and instigates bad feelings.

Latest resources

Back