Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is MPL the solution to the regional's proficiency problems?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Going through your career with somebody holding your hand does not a pilot make. Where do these "proteges" get PIC time before they get in the left seat? Whatever they do with minimums, I sure hope they require a substantial amount of PIC time before anyone can move to the left seat......fractional, regional or major (or any operation in which an ATP is required of the Captain).

Thank you very much-Yoda...

Lets see, that would mean the"best of the best, cream of the crop", which should exclude most military heavy drivers (buffs, c130s and kc-135s). We all know that the best pick the 15's or 16's and f22's. So there will be a slot for ICEMAN and MAVRICK after all. Then the regional new guys hand picked for the majors. The rest is out, according to your philosophy.

You are on the right track, just have to work on those small details.

You must not know very much about the way the Navy selects pilots for different tracks... Do a little reading.

This message is hidden because the simple minded flame baiter, crj567 is on your ignore list.

Okay, that's much nicer.

What about doing what you said with the provision that the major can set the standards (college, experience) and require every eligible regional pilot to go through the major's interview and screening process, not just taking every regional pilot regardless of their background? The regionals need to realize that the majors are mostly former military pilots and they will demand a spot on the mainline list for military pilots. If the regionals can come to grips with that reality and realize the the majors will not take every regional pilot without the major setting the standards and screening, then you might have a workable solution.

When are you going to realize that the military doesn't even come close to puting out the amount of pilots needed in the civilian world anymore?
Airlines can't just hire from the military. Half or more of their planes these days would sit uncrewed.
Granted I'd take ex military over someone fresh out of the ATP 0 to hero course but I'd also have no problem flying with someone that went the civilian route and spent a couple years flying at a place like Airnet or flying air ambulance in a Citation or Lear for example.

My question is: What's the regional captain's carrot to mentor this individual? Are you going to pay this captain instructor pay? You might get some guys interested ifyou pay them 150%. Otherwise the captain will just refuse the guy the first time he dicks it up.

My question is: What's the regional captain's carrot to mentor this individual? Are you going to pay this captain instructor pay? You might get some guys interested ifyou pay them 150%. Otherwise the captain will just refuse the guy the first time he dicks it up.

How about refusing even before the new guy costs the captian his certificate???

How about refusing even before the new guy costs the captian his certificate???

Where is the fun in that? I would absolutely love the opportunity to introduce the applicant to malicious compliance!

Brown to the bone is an elitist. Elitists always think that they know the only way to do things. I'm sure there are THOUSANDS of regional pilots who are far superior to him when it comes to airmanship.

His views are typical of those who want to point to their breeding instead of their accomplishments. Just like any racial group who thinks that they are genetically superior to another.

If he feels the current crop of regional pilots are that tainted, why isn't he calling for their dismissal?

And while these blessed nazi SS aviator wunderkids he plans to breed are flying with these deficient regional captains, are they not being taught bad habits? And what a CRM nightmare. Why train the 600 hour punk who is going to the majors ahead of you? More elitist thought.

Personally, I smell major insecurity issues with Mr. Bone. Regardless, any plan like his will never be embraced, so why worry?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back