• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Mesa done?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought they were done 5 years ago yet they still survive.

I heard a great one the other day:
Cher, use to say "After he Nuclear Holocaust there will be the Cockroaches and Me"

It's been revised: "After the Nuclear Holocaust there will be the Cockroaches, Cher and Mesa"

I am not a fan of JO, but I think that he is a very shrewd businessman and has managed to put Mesa in a position of being successful with their fleet of CRJ-700/900s which is what the codeshares want. You can make all the jokes, and personal remarks you want about the company and the guy. However, you can't argue with his success.

"Can't argue with his success"??? He drove his company to bankruptcy wiping out all common investor equity, how is that "success"? He was named one of the worst CEO's in America! He had his brokerage license revoked, and his China investment blew up in his face! You need to understand what the definition of success really is....geez.

I think if you look at JO's background you will be surprised. Mesa was profitable 26 out of 27 quarters and I think that this bankruptcy was a way for him to take the company private with the 700/900 fleet intact. He isn't a "pilot-friendly" CEO, but as far as personal and business success...You cannot say that the man isn't successful...

I think if you look at JO's background you will be surprised. Mesa was profitable 26 out of 27 quarters and I think that this bankruptcy was a way for him to take the company private with the 700/900 fleet intact. He isn't a "pilot-friendly" CEO, but as far as personal and business success...You cannot say that the man isn't successful...

The man is unethical. Enough said.

Latest resources

Back